Ultimate Driving Experience
• Group welcome and safety briefing
• 4 coaching laps at the wheel of the new Honda Civic Type R
• Instructor driven demonstration drive
• 10 solo driving laps in an F1 style racing car
• Group karting race event
• Lunch at Kinnairds on site restaurant
• Introductory rally session with full tuition - 5 special stage runs with the instructor acting as your co-driver
• Advanced session - 4 additional stage runs
• Final rally assessment stage with the instructor navigating using pre-prepared pace notes
• High speed rally demonstration drive by your expert instructor
• Debrief with driver assessment, awards and certificates
• Allow approximately 6 hours on site for this experience
What Can I Expect
Single seaters, karts, hot hatches and rallying - this is the ultimate in driving at Knockhill! Ultimate is a word that is often banded around, but this high-octane day really is the best of the best, the pick of the crop, the creme de la creme of driving sessions. Let us tell you why…
For one thing, this unrivalled day at Knockhill boasts a packed programme of driving events across a full day. It quite literally blasts off with a coaching session in a Honda Civic Type R. Technically this uber hot hatch is for teaching purposes, but it’s worthy of an experience slot in itself. Amaze yourself at the power as you storm out of the pit lane in a first bid to conquer the track.
Having sussed out the lay of the land of Knockhill’s circuit, which, as it happens, is Scotland’s only MSA and FIA International graded track, you will be shown the ropes with a demo ride with your instructor at the wheel
Things then move up a gear as you drive the ultimate in low-to-the-ground cars; the F1-style single seater race car. Sitting just centimetres above the tarmac, these Yamaha R1 1000cc-engined cars go like a rocket - and you’ll have a whole 10 driving laps to find out for yourself.
We could say it’s then back to basics as you go karting, but these are the latest Sodi GT2 Pro karts on a purpose-built 500m outdoor track. And being so light, these little machines are more than a bit swift out of the starting blocks - and ultimately, this is where many multimillionaire racing drivers started their motoring careers, so go for it as this session is run as a proper race event.
After a break for lunch at the on-site Kinnairds restaurant, it’s an afternoon on the special stage as you go rallying. There are three wheel-spinning sessions for you where you’ll learn how to fling a front wheel drive car around a tight-turning rally stage.
The last part of this day of ultimate driving in Knockhill is the best possible finale - a passenger ride that’ll show you what it’s like to be a co-pilot on a proper rally stage. Hold on tight and prepare yourself to reach optimum speed! A great end to the best day of driving going!
• Selected weekday and weekend dates throughout the year
• All drivers must hold a full UK or European driving licence and be able to drive a manual car
• As long as you can drive a normal car there are no height or weight restrictions
• Spectators are welcome for no extra charge
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Knockhill Race Circuit, Scotland