A Two Hour Rally Driving Experience
• Group welcome and safety briefing
• Introductory rally session with full tuition - 5 laps of the special stage
• Advanced session - 4 additional stage runs
• Final assessment stage with the instructor navigating using pre-prepared pace notes
• High speed demonstration drive by your expert instructor
• Debrief with driver assessment, awards and certificates
What Can I Expect
One thing’s for sure you can’t knock the Knockhill rally experience for overall slide-sliding and grit flinging fun! This high-revs experience at the foot of the Scottish hills north of Dunfermline is a true rallying delight combining great cars with superb tuition and that professional set up too.
Knockhill is Scotland’s national motor sport centre and hosts many races including stops of the touring car and super bike championships. For this experience though, is all about the rally driving and for that you’ll be on a specially-built circuit overlooking the main track in a fully race prepped Ford Fiesta ST. This is a hillside rally stage that’s a mix of tarmac and loose gravel, stretching for around one mile. What makes it stand out from other tracks is that it is full of twists and turns, with nothing so straight forwards as err...a straight!
So that’s why you’ll need to have your wits about you for this intensive rally driving experience at Knockhill. The day unfolds with four different sessions. After the safety briefing it’s out to the car for your first introductory taste of rallying, taking on the stage for four laps with the instructor giving full tuition.
After that mad rush of adrenaline you have a little break and watch the others, then it’s back to you for your advanced skills training, which gives you another four spins around the stage. At this point you might well be getting the car to slide into the corners and holding your line to smoothly power out of the curve.
The last driving element for you is the assessed run. This time the instructor becomes your co-pilot, reading the pace notes just like in a real rally stage, to see who will be crowned best rallyer of Knockhill. No time to celebrate or commiserate about your performance though, as this experience ends with a whizz round the track with you as a passenger.
After the debrief and presentation. it’ll be time to head to the Champion’s Clubhouse and reflect on the day you became a rally driver for a day in feisty little front wheel drive Ford Fiesta ST on the Knockhill rally experience.
• Choose from a weekday only voucher or to include weekends opt for the anytime voucher
• Session are available on selected dates throughout the year
• All drivers must hold a full UK or European driving licence and be able to drive a manual car
• As long as you can drive a normal car there are no height or weight restrictions
• Spectators are welcome for no extra charge
• The circuit is well-equipped for guests to come and watch the rally experience
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Knockhill Race Circuit, Fife, Scotland