• A junior zoo keeper experience for two people
• Handle, stroke and feed an array of animals, accompanied by one of the experienced animal keepers
• You will form part of a small group of up to 8 people
10:00 Check in for the experience
10:05 Safety briefing
10:10-10:40 Handle the Reptiles - Sessions may include Burmese Python, Reticulated Python, Giant Tortoise or Monitor Lizard
10:40-11:00 Handle the hedgehogs and/or Tenrecs
11:00-11:30 Hand feed the Lemurs
11:30-12:00 Get up close and personal with the meerkats!
What Can I Expect
Join this junior zookeeper experience at this Shropshire park and meet loads of animals! Created just for kids between the ages of 6 and 16 years, children will love spending a couple of hours in the company of an expert animal keeper.
Hoo Farm near Telford is home to a whole host of animals, from furry mammals to scaly reptiles. They all very much have their own characters, habits and things they like to do. The keepers know their animals really well, so they’ll be able to tell you all about them during the visit.
Things start off pretty scaley and slippery in the reptile house. Who you get to meet in here depends on the day, but you might be introduced to the likes of Mojo the Burmese Python, or the resident Reticulated Python. Then there’s the Giant Tortoise and Monitor Lizard, who looks like a miniature dinosaur.
The cute factor steps up a notch when you visit the hedgehog enclosure. Kids will be shown how to handle the hedgehogs (which can be done, even if they are spiky!) and may meet the Tenrecs too. These are long-nosed little mammals from Madagascar who love to sleep.
Time for a bit of feeding next as those lovely Lemurs are always hungry. The Lemur Forest is home to several Lemurs, easily recognisable with their long ringed tails, grey coats, white bib and ‘panda’ eyes.
A highlight for many of the youngsters on this zookeeper experience is meeting the Meerkats. These adorable creatures live in clans, looking out for and protecting each other. Getting up close to them and hearing loads of fascinating facts about them is a real treat and a great way to finish the junior zookeeper experience at Shropshire’s favourite farm park.
• Available on selected dates throughout the year
• The Wildlife Park is closed during November and from Christmas Eve until 22nd March. Although experiences take place during this time, the park itself will not be accessible
• Due to the popularity of this experience please book well in advance to avoid disappointment
• Juniors must be aged 6-16 and accompanied by an adult
• Vouchers can be used by two children but this would require an accompanying adult to purchase admission on the day
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Telford, Shropshire