• Drive a Porsche Boxster Martini race car
• Choose from a 3 or 6 mile experience
• Welcome introduction and safety briefing
• Experience driving around a track
• Fully qualified instructors are there to give advice
• Allow at least an hour on site
What Can I Expect
Mini racers get ready to go on a brilliant junior race car experience! Aimed purely at car-mad kids, this racing car session gives little ones the chance to drive a Porsche race car around a track. What’s more, we’ve got venues around the UK, so you won’t have to drive far for your little darlings to have some junior track day fun.
The Porsche Boxster Martini racing car is a fab little roadster sports car. It’s a proper two seater and rear wheel drive too, so it can be a little bit cheeky on the corners, making it great fun to drive. And with its resplendent Martini race stripes, this Porsche really looks the business out on the circuit. Porsche and Martini had a long history with car racing, with the Martini Porsches winning the famous Le Mans 24hrs race three times.
Whilst there’s no actual head-to-head racing on these junior sessions, the car will be a one very racy Boxster. That’s to say a fancy paint job, racing driver seats with harness and upgraded bits and bobs all over the car. As if the Boxster wasn't nippy enough already, this ’S’ version with that racing styling and 3.4l engine make it a veritable pocket rocket and kids just love it.
The only requirements are that your miniature motorists are at minimum 10 years old and at least 4ft 5” tall for the pedals. Of course, no driving licence is needed for this junior race car day, as they all take place away from the perilous public roads on private tracks. No previous driving experience is necessary either, as the cars are all dual-controlled with engine kills switches, so the instructor remains in control of the car at all times.
That’s not to say the teens won’t be driving the car themselves. Most children soon get the hang of it and start motoring round the track in their funky Boxster faster than you can say ‘well done darling’. That leaves you to watch proudly, as they whizz right past, a grin akin to that of a Cheshire cat on their faces.
If you know a youngster who’d love to drive a junior race car like this impressive little Martini Porsche, have a browse through the venues offered to see which is nearest to you. Then all you have to do is decide whether you’re going to let them loose for three or six thrilling laps.
• Selected weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• Sessions are available from 08:30 to 15:30
• Dates and session times are subject to availability at your chosen location
• Ages 10-17
• Under 18's must be accompanied onsite by an adult
• Minimum height 4 ft 5
• Spectators are welcome to come and watch
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• All drivers on the day will have the option to pay a non-refundable £25 damage waiver which will cover them against any damage that may be caused to the vehicle(s) in the event of an incident
• Drivers who do not wish to take this waiver will need to sign a disclaimer and will need to be able to cover the cost on the day for any damage to the vehicle up to a maximum amount of £5000. Credit card details will need to be provided with £5000 limit or above for this reason. Debit cards are accepted however please be aware a pre-authorisation applies to debit cards to check funds are available
• Most venues are airfield style circuits with large run off areas
• Abingdon Airfield, Oxfordshire
• Bovington, Wareham, Dorset
• Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground, Leicestershire
• Caerwent MOD Training Site, Monmouthshire
• NAEC Stoneleigh, Warwickshire
• Norfolk Gliding Club
• Perranporth Airfield, Cornwall (Annual Event)
• Honnington, Suffolk
• Tockwith, North Yorkshire
• Three Sisters, Wigan
** Premium MSA race track £35 supplement applies, payable direct
* Weekend upgrade £25
• Blyton Park, Lincolnshire*
• Dunsfold Airfield, Surrey**
• All locations are subject to change