• Explore the historical background of the Whitechapel murders and learn how the public's perception of the murders is portrayed in modern TV and film
• You will be guided by an expert tour guide throughout
• During the tour you will visit murder sites of the unfortunates of Jack the Ripper
• This is a walking tour and group sizes are kept small to ensure all participants can se and hear the guide clearly
• Tours last around two hours
What Can I Expect
Travel back in time to Victorian England with this Jack the Ripper tour of London's East End! One of the country's most famous criminals is brought back to life with walking tours that take in all the key sites implicated in this mysterious case of multiple murders that gripped the nation at the time and still does today!
It's 1888 in the Spitalfields area of London and what became known as the Autumn of Terror is starting to unfold. A 'Lady of the night' has been murdered by having her throat cut and the police have found dismembered body parts. The grisly discovery doesn't stop there. More bodies are found as time goes on, yet no-one has a clue to the identity of the serial killer or even what he might look like. The media is in a frenzy over the attacker nicknamed Jack the Ripper...or The Whitechapel Murderer...or the Leather Apron. Back to the present day and you'll be following in the footsteps of the investigation into Jack the Ripper's stomping ground around the East End of London on this fun tour
This gruesome but gripping real-life tale has never been solved, despite hundreds of theories over the years. The story has inspired works of fiction, TV shows and films too, with some of the locations used featuring on your walking tour. Jack the Ripper inside information will be divulged and you'll be privy to all the details of the case as you walk the streets visiting the murder sites, the dark passages and the sombre alleyways that give a fascinating insight into life in 19th century London and Jack the Ripper.
All tours start from near Aldgate East Station and you will set off on foot for two hours of disturbing anecdotes and tales that'll send a shiver down your spine. For an entertaining day out with a difference these Jack the Ripper tours of London are a great choice, as they are a true slice of East End criminal history. By the end of the tour you'll probably have formed your own criminal profile of the person voted 'Worst briton in history'!
• Tours run everyday from 19:00, subject to availability
• Dates exclude 24th, 25th, 26th & 31st December and 1st January
• There are no age restrictions for this experience
• This is a walking tour so a reasonable level of fitness is required
• Disabled access can be arrange if noted prior to the tour
• Spectators are not permitted however if you would like friends and family to join you on the tour simply purchase a voucher for one or more!
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• London's East End
• The meeting point for this walking tour is at street level just outside exit 1 of Aldgate East tube station