• Tutored beer tasting with food matching
• Introduction to honey beer as a style
• Enjoy 3 craft honey beers with food matches
• Try the raw honeys that are used in the beers
• Get hands on to make a bee hotel to take home
• You will form part of a group of up to 20 participants
• Sessions last approximately 50 minutes
What Can I Expect
The sweetness of honey and the richness of malts. Together they make Honey Beer! These taproom tastings hosted by London craft beer brand Hiver Beers will show you how beer made with honey can be paired with food, whilst giving you an insight into how bees and humans work to make great beers.
Hiver's Queen Bee entrepreneur with the buzz is Hannah Rhodes. After discovering urban beekeeping, she created Hiver Beers, using carefully selected honeys from urban London and rural England, to produce the rich and intense Honey Brown Ale and golden Honey Blonde Beer. Hiver Beers are served in gastropubs around the country and you can find the bottles in Selfridges, M&S and through Ocado to name just three outlets.
As you’ll soon learn during these hosted sessions, Hiver’s honeys beer are a modern interpretation of the ancient ways of brewing with honey, adding it at the right stage of brewing. That’s what makes the taste so deep and full-bodied. It’s all about an admiration for the work of those busy honey bees and a passion for beer - and that’s what we call working in sweet harmony!
Whilst enjoying the beers with a selection of lovely food samples, you’ll have the chance to learn more about Hiver Beers and the honey. Did you know a bee pollinates within a three-mile radius of the hive? And if you think central London can’t be the ideal place for bees, think again. Limes trees on the streets, lavender on people’s windowsills and the abundance of wild honeysuckle along railway lines, all provide rich picking for bees.
Honey beer tasting experiences take place at the Hivequarters in the arches of Southwark, near Maltby Street Food Market. With places available for up to 20 beer tasters and food munchers to enjoy the Honey Beers brewed by Hiver, it’s the perfect start to a leisurely weekend in the capital. You even get to take a bee hotel handcrafted by you home with you!
• Sessions generally run most Saturdays at noon throughout the year
• Dates are subject to availability
• Minimum age 18
• Not suitable for participants who are intolerant/allergic to gluten, as the beer contains gluten
• This experience is not suitable for spectators
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Southwark, South East London
• Conveniently located next to the famous Maltby street food market