• A 20 or 30 minute flight with a fully qualified instructor
• Welcome, introduction and pre-flight briefing
• During the flight your instructor will demonstrate the controls and demonstrate aerobatics you will then have the opportunity to take the controls for yourself
• Includes entry to IWM Duxford
What Can I Expect
Fly into aviation history with our Harvard flights at Duxford! Based at the same location as the world famous Imperial War Museum, this family run business has been restoring, maintaining and flying classic aircraft here since 1990 - and this is your chance to fly in a fully restored Harvard.
This Harvard has a fascinating history. Now registered as G-BJST but liveried up and flying in authentic RAF training colours with serial number KF729, there is actually no historical proof this particular Harvard flew with the British Air Forces, as mysteriously all the original log books were all lost…
In fact, aviation historians think the plane was built by the Canadian Car Factory in 1953 and was flown by the USAF, before flying with the Italian Air Force as MM53795. After all these years you can now fly in this Harvard out of Duxford in Cambrideshire and what a wonderful sight it is!
A powerful trainer aircraft for pilots that was easily capable of aerobatics, a Harvard in flight is very distinctive in the air, with its retractable undercarriage and large, domed cockpit. Inside the layout is in a tandem configuration for pilot and co-pilot, with both benefitting from excellent all round vision. And with the Pratt and Whitney engine sitting proud in the cowling, this old warbird sounds great too. All this you will discover for yourself as part of these wonderful Harvard flight experiences.
All Harvard flights are offered as 20 or 30 minute durations. All experiences here in Duxford start with an initial safety briefing on the ground, followed by a walk around the aircraft as she sits on the apron - and this is the ideal moment to take pictures too.
Once in the air, the pilot may very well demonstrate some of the moves the Harvard is capable of, before handing the controls to you so you can not only fly in a Harvard, but actually be the one flying it. You then hand back to the pilot to start the final descent to land. All Harvard flights include free admission to the IWM Duxford for the lucky participant, where over 200 exhibits over 85 acres bring the history of aviation to life.
• Mid-March through to mid-November, selected weekdays and weekends
• Minimum age 16 years old
• Under 18's must be accompanied by an adult
• Maximum weight 18 stone
• You need to be agile enough to climb into the cockpit
• You are welcome to bring friends and family along however they will need to enter the museum to view the flight
• All guests will enjoy a 50% reduced entry rate to IWM Duxford
• Entry to IWM Duxford is compulsorty for participants and accompanying guests. Guests will enjoy half price entry to the site, children under 5 go free
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• A visit to Duxford is a day out in itself so leave plenty of time to look around
• There's a cafe on site
• All quoted flight times are chock to chock
• A visit to IWM Duxford is a day out in itself so leave plenty of time to look around the museum
• IWM Duxford, Cambridgeshire
• The venue is just off the M11 making it easily accessible from London