• A trial flying lesson in an open or closed cockpit gyrocopter
• Cavalon and MT03 gyrocopters are available, depending on your chosen location
• 30, 60 and 90 minute flights are available
• A pre flight briefing with introduction to gyros and how they fly along with an explanation of the controls
• An opportunity to take the controls during flight
• A flying suit, helmet, gloves and radio comms are provided
What Can I Expect
Go for a gyrocopter experience in Devon for the best coastal and countryside views around! We are offering 30, 60 and 90-minute gyrocopter flights from various Devonshire locations in a choice of gyrocopters, both open and closed cockpit.
Devon is a county that has it all. Blue Flag sandy beaches, hidden coves, soaring cliffs, rolling countryside, moors and more. Seeing all that from the air in a gyrocopter makes the whole experience really rather special. What’s more, your flight is treated as a first lesson, so you’ll be allowed to take control and fly yourself for a bit too!
Nick, who has been flying gyrocopters for many years will be your host and instructor. He’s tried pretty much every form of flying, but the gyrocopter is the one that has captured his heart. Nimble, easy to fly and cost-effective to run and maintain, gyrocopters are just great fun to fly and fly in.
The RotorSport MT-03 gyro is an open-cockpit, with tandem seating, whilst the AutoGyro Cavalon is a closed-cockpit machine. Which one you get to airborne in depends on the location you choose. At Exeter Airport it’s the Cavalon operating the experiences, whilst the open cockpit MT-03 gyro is at Farway Airstrip.
Both locations are in Devon. Exeter is your small, but perfectly formed international airport north east of Exeter, whilst Farway is a private grass airstrip hidden away in the countryside north of Sidmouth and Sidbury. Whilst Exeter and Farway offer regular flights year round, you might also be able to arrange with Nick to take off from other private airfields in Devon, so these are pretty flexible experiences!
Be it in the award-winning designed Cavalon (complete with fancy gull-wing doors) or onboard the ‘grass roots’ open cockpit MT-03 with the wind whistling, these gyrocopter experiences in Devon offer great panoramic vistas. And all that with the chance for you to actually fly the gyrocopter yourself. Surely an opportunity not to be missed by any aviation fan?
• Weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• All flights are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Minimum age 14
• Maximum weight 16.5 stone (105kg)
• You need to be agile enough to get in and out of the gyrocopter
• No previous flying experience is required
• Please seek medical advice if you have previously suffered a heart condition or other medical complaint such as back or neck problems
• This experience is not suitable for pregnant mothers
• Spectators are welcome
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Exeter Airport - Cavalon gyrocopter
• Farway Common Airfield, Sidmouth - MT03 gyrocopter
• Flights from Henstridge and Eaglescott are available upon request and subject to availability and operational factors