• An open cockpit gyrocopter experience
• Choose from a 15, 30 or 60 minute flight or an introductory experience
• Pre-flight briefing and explanation of the controls
• Personalised flight certificate
• Flying suit, helmet and gloves are provided
• 15 Minute Experience: 5 minute briefing + 10 minute flight
• 30 Minute Experience: 10 minute briefing + 20 minute flight
• 60 Minute Experience: 20 minute briefing + 40 minute flight
Introductory Gyrocopter Experience
• 2 x 20 minute briefings and 2 x 40 minute flights
• Break in between for refreshments/lunch (not included, but can be purchased at the airfield)
What Can I Expect
Here’s a full range of gyrocopter flights over Manchester for you! Set off from City Airport, near the Trafford Centre for bird’s eye views of all those landmarks around Manchester and Salford. It’s going to be a heck of a ride!
You’ll be departing from City Airport. For those not in the know, this isn't the big Manchester International Airport that’s south of the city, this is the airfield west of Salford, that was formerly known as Barton Aerodrome. It’s a tourist attraction in its own right, with lots of aircraft to spot, loads of fun family events throughout the year and a great little cafe called The Veterans Garage.
The Flight Academy based at Manchester’s friendliest airport specialises in flight training in all sorts of aircraft. These vouchers give you the chance to find out all about flying in a gyrocopter. These machines are open cockpit, so it’s full-face, in-the-elements flying at its best and they have a tandem configuration, so you’ll be sitting behind the pilot.
This model of gyrocopter by manufacturer Auto Gyro is an MTO Sport and it’s dual-controlled, which means it is an ideal trainer gyro. And indeed, your gyrocopter flight out of Manchester City will be treated like a proper lesson. That’s to say, you’ll have a pilot briefing before your flight and you’ll even be kitted out in a flying suit and helmet with a headset communications system.
If you just fancy dipping your toe into the world of gyrocopter aviation, the 15-minute experience is the perfect debut. You’ll get to see the City of Manchester and recognisable landmarks from the air. For those on the longer 30 and 60-minute gyrocopter flight options, you explore much further afield and you’ll have the chance to take the controls too.
Those wanting a more in-depth look at gyrocopter flying, you will love the introductory experience. You’ll spend several hours with the team here at City Airport, learning all about what it takes to become a gyrocopter pilot, enjoying more detailed pre-flight briefings and lots more time at the controls, with two separate flights included in the package.
Whether you choose a 15, 30, 60 or the introductory experience voucher, these gyrocopter flights out of Manchester’s City Airport & Heliport are fun, exciting and boast great views too. What more could you ask for? Book your slot now.
• Weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• Flights are subject to weather conditions and availability
• Minimum age 14
• Under 18s must be accompanied on the airfield by an adult
• Weight restrictions: maximum 16.5 stone (105kgs)
• Height restrictions: maximum 6ft 4ins (1.93m)
• Spectators are welcome
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Participants should wear comfortable outdoor clothing and closed-toe footwear
• City Airport, Manchester