• Welcome introduction and safety briefing
• You will be guided safely up, in and on the river by knowledgeable instructors
• Explore various rock pools, waterfalls and flumes
• For the grand finale you will participate in a couple of jumps
• Sessions last approximately 3 hours which includes kitting out and travel time to and from the gorge
• Wetsuits, buoyancy aids and helmets are provided
What Can I Expect
Gorge walking in Stirlingshire - a wonderfully wet day out for all the family! These group sessions near Gartmore just outside Stirling are suitable for everyone with a bit of an adventurous spirit from the age of 8.
You and your fellow gorge walkers will all meet at the adventure centre in Gartmore. After meeting your instructors, you’ll get kitted out with all the necessary gorge walking gear, that’s to say a wetsuit, a helmet and a buoyancy aid. After that, you’ll be transported to the start of the gorge walk. Being located on the edge of Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park, you’re surrounded by water sources in this part of Stirlingshire; from the River Forth to Keltie Water and Ward Burn. That means you don’t have far to go to get to the departure point of your gorge walking adventure.
When you get there, it’s just as you’d imagine a gorge walk in Stirlingshire to be. The fast-flowing clear water tumbles over grey granite rocks, gushing along the gorge, lined with overhanging trees. It’s all pretty idyllic and makes for the perfect initiation into gorge walking. In essence you’ll be swimming, climbing, scrambling (and maybe a bit of shuffling at first as you get your confidence) along the water course. Your instructor will lead the way and they are great at encouraging you to literally step out of your comfort zone, without pushing you beyond your limit.
One of the best bits of these sessions is the river tubing. You basically clamber into a big rubber ring and let yourself ride the waters. It’s sure to have you laughing out loud as you get bumped and bounced along - and as you can imagine, kids just love it.
Having successfully made your way down river, there’s one last challenge for you - the jumps. Keep your nerve, remember what your instructor told you and then take the leap into the swirling waters. It’s a totally exhilarating way to round off your gorge walking in Stirlingshire!
• Sessions run from April to October at 10:00 and 16:00, Saturday and Sunday
• Dates are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Minimum age of 8
• Under 18's must be accompanied by a participating adult
• A good, general level of fitness is required
• Not suitable for spectators due to the nature of the activity
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Sessions take place in groups and require a minimum of 8 to take place
• Individual bookings will be combined into groups
• Should minimum group numbers not be reached sessions may be rescheduled
• You will form part of a group between 8-10 people
• Suitable outdoor clothing and footwear should be worn
• Meet at the activity centre, Gartmore, Stirlingshire
• Transport to and from the gorge is provided