• One hour archery session
• Guidance and advise from experienced instructors
• All shooting equipment is provided
• You will form part of a small group of up to 8 participants
What Can I Expect
Gorgeous, gorgeous Glencoe archery! A prettier setting for a spot of archery would be hard to find. This Glencoe activity centre has it all. Friendly staff, modern archery equipment, great tuition and a lovely cafe, all with that stunning Scottish highland greenery as your backdrop.
If you know the Glencoe area you’ll know it’s all about hanging valleys, sweeping moors, winding roads and endless lochs interspersed with the occasional waterside inn. Often set back and hidden away from the roads are huge country estates. This particular one in the Glencoe Valley is home to a variety of outdoor activities, including archery.
It’s a great place to have a go at the ancient sport of archery. You’d think this part of the world was made for archery and you’re not wrong. After all, this is Glencoe, where the likes of Rob Roy, Highlander and even Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban were filmed. These experiences let you star in your own archery session to see if you could be as fearless as Connor MacLeod, albeit with a bow and arrow and not a sword!
There’s no need to be an adept archer though. This Glencoe centre has all the gear and experience to be able to coach those who have never knocked an arrow in their life. It’s all about stance, breathing and coordination, rather than brute strength. This explains why archery in Glencoe is open to anyone aged six or over, with different weights and lengths of bow available for the smaller archers amongst your group.
The archery target set up here certainly makes the most of the Glencoe countryside. Nestled in amongst trees, the archery stands are away from the exposed wilds of the Highlands. They’re not overly large and daunting either. And with a maximum of eight archers in the group, this means instructors are able to offer assistance if you need it and get you up and running shooting the arrows pretty quickly.
This Glencoe archery centre makes the most of its location in the ‘outdoor capital of the UK’ and is open for archery and other activities year round. A top choice for family fun and a great venue for groups too.
• Selected weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• Dates and session times are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Minimum age 6
• Under 16s must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Suitable outdoor clothing and closed toe footwear should be worn
• Minimum of 2 vouchers must be purchased for this experience
• Spectators are more than welcome at no extra charge
• Drinks and food can be purchased from the The Club House Bistro on the golf course
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Dragon's Tooth Estate, Ballachulish near Fort William