• A two night break in a gothic camping pod
• Camping pods are fully insulated with heating and electrics
• The pods are equiped with a sofabed, television with DVD and a picnic bench
• Toilets and showers are in a separate block on site
What Can I Expect
When it comes to bedding down for the night in camping pods, Yorkshire is the place to be! This farmhouse camping site is just outside the market town of Pocklington and offers a haven of peace for a short break away in the countryside…with a difference!
Forget the anonymity of a large hotel, don't bother with the hassle of putting up a tent and leave behind the faff of a long journey abroad - head to lovely Yorkshire and stay in a gothic camping pod instead! Made from high quality and well-insulated natural materials, you'll be cosy at night and cool during the day. The pods have even been orientated to catch the most rays sunshine, whilst being sheltered from the wind.
From a distance they look a bit like upside down boats, but when you get closer you'll see the pods are actually large enough for a double sofa bed, table and even a little telly and DVD player - you don't get that with your usual camping set up! And then there's the lovely covered veranda where you can just sit and soak up the atmosphere of this quiet corner of Yorkshire. Truly wonderful.
Oh and then there are the resident chickens and visits from the neighbours Peacock! Roaming freely around the farm, you can buy the freshest, tastiest Yorkshire eggs that come straight from the laying hens and go into your camping pod frying pan, from Janet and Steve who own and run the farm and camping site.
And to make sure the ambience is most definitely relaxing and blissfully peaceful for your camping pod stay, the policy here in Yorkshire is absolute quietness from bedtime to breakfast time, so everyone gets a well-deserved good night's sleep.
Bright and bushy tailed after a comfy night, you may not want leave to even venture out of your camping pod, but Yorkshire's best tourist attractions are not far away, so how about going exploring? The seaside resorts of Bridlington and Scarborough are within an hour and the city of York itself is not far from your camping pod either. If you fancy being sporty, the site is on the Way of the Roses cycle route, or if you prefer to stay local there's a well-stocked carp lake just a mile away.
• Breaks are available on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
• Dates are subject to availability with limited spaces during peak seasons and exclude Bank Holidays, Christmas, New Year and Easter
• Arrival times are between 14:00 and 20:00
• Departure time is before 10:30
• Pods are suitable for two adults
• Not suitable for spectators
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• A cooking stove with gas can be hired for £5 per night
• You will need to bring the usual camping equipment, except the tent
• Items you may want to bring along: Bedding, pillows, towels, cooking utensils, pans and cutlery
• The venue operates a dead quiet policy between 11pm and 7am
• Pocklington, North Yorkshire