• Drive a 'Fast and Furious style' Nissan GT-R Nismo edition
• Choose from a 3 or 6 lap experience
• Each lap is approximately 1 mile
• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• Fully qualified instructors on hand throughout your experience
• Allow at least an hour on site
What Can I Expect
You’ll be in hot pursuit mode when you drive the Fast and Furious R35! This is your chance to drive a Nissan GT-R Nismo. This the Nismo incarnation of the legendary R35 series that blasted onto the road racing scene in 2007. And in case you’re wondering, Nismo is Nissan’s in house motorsport and performance division. Yep, the already fast GT-R just got a little faster!
Godzilla, as the R35 fandom call it, is a formidable motor, just as it’s nickname suggests. Straight out of the pristine laboratories of Nissan in Japan, the Nismo boffins have certainly worked their magic on this ultra sporting version of the GT-R. Those with a keen eye will immediately spot the upgrades from the outside - the carbon bumpers, the lightweight wheels and that enticing red line insert that underlines the body-styling. And just like Brian O’Conner’s R35 from Furious 7, this Nismo is an amazing pearlescent blue chrome colour too.
But it’s under the bonnet of this up-rated car, that is the consistent star of the Fast and Furious film franchise, where Nismo has made most changes to the GT-R. Lifting twin turbos from the acclaimed GT500 racing car, the Nismo GT-R boasts an astonishing 600bhp. A 0-62mph of well-under 3 seconds is totally realistic for this car. We’re seriously not sure how this special edition R35 doesn’t actually take off with acceleration like that.
As we’ve said, the GT-R is already an impressive drive, so some characteristics of this car didn’t need changing by Nismo and thankfully they haven’t. The high ride position is still there, the incredible launch control and the racing styling in the cockpit is all present and correct - and even has lots of funky little Nismo logos dotted around everywhere!
The car is stuffed full of electronic gadgetry, with a bewildering array of onboard options and choices. Good luck to you if you need SatNav, there must nearly 20 buttons to set up and modify the thing. Even the gearbox has software. We’re sure your average little hatchback doesn’t have anything quite so fancy…
The R35 generation of Nissan GT-R has made it onto the roll-call of motors for those boy racer driving dream movies since 2009’s ‘Fast & Furious’, so it must be something special. And indeed, Brian O’Conner always seemed to pretty happy with his R35s, so let’s see how you get on driving this absolute beast of a car round a race track on your very own Fast and Furious R35 experience, Nismo style!
• Selected weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• Sessions are available from 08:30 to 15:30
• Dates and session times are subject to availability at your chosen location
• Minimum age 17
• Under 18's must be accompanied on site by an adult
• Minimum height 4ft 5ins
• Full driving licence is required and must be produced on the day
• This is not suitable is you have back, neck or knee problems
• Spectators are welcome to come and watch
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• All drivers on the day will have the option to pay a non-refundable £25 damage waiver which will cover them against any damage that may be caused to the vehicle(s) in the event of an incident
• Drivers who do not wish to take this waiver will need to sign a disclaimer and will need to be able to cover the cost on the day for any damage to the vehicle up to a maximum amount of £5000. Credit card details will need to be provided with £5000 limit or above for this reason. Debit cards are accepted however please be aware a pre-authorisation applies to debit cards to check funds are available
• The vehicle used in this experience is an authentic Nissan GT-R Nismo edition however it was not used in any Fast & Furious filming
• Most venues are airfield style circuits with large run off areas
• Abingdon Airfield, Oxfordshire
• Bicester Circuit, Oxfordshire
• Bovington, Wareham, Dorset
• Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground, Leicestershire
• NAEC Stoneleigh, Warwickshire
• Perranporth Airfield, Cornwall (Annual Event)
• Honnington, Suffolk
• St Andrews, Leuchars
• Tibenham Circuit, Norfolk
• Tockwith, North Yorkshire
• Three Sisters, Wigan
** Premium MSA race track £35 supplement applies, payable direct
* Weekend upgrade £25
• Castle Combe** Adults only
• Blyton Park, Lincolnshire*
• Dunsfold Airfield, Surrey**
• All locations are subject to change