• Drive a R34 GTR Nissan Skyline for 3 or 6 laps
• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• Each lap is approximately 1 mile
• A qualified instructor on hand throughout your experience
• For the 3 lap experience allow up to 1.5 hours on site
• For the 6 lap experience allow up to 2.5 hours on site
What Can I Expect
Turn the ignition on, rev those engines and get those tyres smoking' - this is Fast and Furious for kids! This junior Skyline drive is a dream come true for young fans of the highly successful street racing film franchise, so fasten that seatbelt, it's time to see what the R34 GT-R can do kids!
The Skyline has been going since way before your little driving devils were born. In fact, most parents weren't even born either when the (as it was then called) Prince Skyline rolled off the production line way back in 1957. As the Japanese marque celebrated its 50th anniversary of the Skyline in 2007, the popularity of this superb car hasn't changed - it's adored by petrol heads both young and old.
It has to be said, any Nissan Skyline is special, but this kids' version uses a very particular model. Young action film fans will instantly recognise this GT-R as being just like the one hero Brian O'Connor drove in '2 fast 2 Furious', the second instalment of the famous movie franchise that firmly puts street racing in the spotlight.
Of course, it's not the actual car he drove (although apparently there are four of the 25 built/adapted and used in the film still around) but your car-mad teens will appreciate it's a seriously good copy. What's more, this car will shift, just as O'Connors did on screen. The kids might not be getting any air as his did when it jumped the bridge, but there is ample opportunity to test out that power and handling.
As your children probably already know, Nissan has a very fine all-wheel drive car in the Skyline. With a 2.6l twin turbocharged engine the GT-R version of the R34 is pretty hot to handle, so it will be a challenge (but one they will relish) for any youngster to tame this beast out on the circuit.
Parents need not worry though, as your babies will be under the watchful eye of a fully qualified instructor at all times and even though the car is way more powerful than your average hatchback, there's no need to worry about the speed and handling, your enthusiastic teens will be kept under control in the GT-R.
And don't forget, this experience is specifically for those not old enough to drive, so as long as your teenagers fit the criteria of being at least 10 years old and 135cm tall, they can gear themselves up for the drive of their life in this bright silver and blue Nissan Skyline and discover their own Fast and Furious just for kids!
• Selected weekdays and weekends throughout the year, subject to availability
• Sessions operate between 08:30 and 15:30
• Minimum age 10
• Minimum height 4ft 3 ins
• Under 18's must be accompanied by an adult on site
• This is not suitable if you have previously had back, neck or knee problems
• Spectators are welcome to come and watch
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Although there are guidelines for minimum height for young drivers, the operator must ensure they are physically able and safe to drive the car on the day. In the event they are unable to drive the car safely, an alternative will be given
• All drivers on the day will have the option to pay a non-refundable £25 damage waiver which will cover them against any damage that may be caused to the vehicle(s) in the event of an incident
• Drivers who do not wish to take this waiver will need to sign a disclaimer and will need to be able to cover the cost on the day for any damage to the vehicle up to a maximum amount of £5000. Credit card details will need to be provided with £5000 limit or above for this reason. Debit cards are accepted however please be aware a pre-authorisation applies to debit cards to check funds are available
• Most venues are airfield style circuits with large run off areas
• Abingdon Airfield, Oxfordshire
• Bovington, Wareham, Dorset
• Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground, Leicestershire
• Caerwent MOD Training Site, Monmouthshire
• NAEC Stoneleigh, Warwickshire
• Norfolk Gliding Club
• Perranporth Airfield, Cornwall (Annual Event)
• Honington, Suffolk
• Tockwith, North Yorkshire
• Three Sisters, Wigan
** Premium MSA race track £35 supplement applies, payable direct
* Weekend upgrade £25
• Blyton Park, Lincolnshire*
• Dunsfold Airfield, Surrey**