• Guided private family tour for up to 4 people
• A 2 hour guided and informative bicycle tour of London with a one hour stop
• Ride at a gentle pace with an experienced and knowledgeable guide
• View many of London's mist historic and fascinating sights
• 80% of the route is on secure cycle paths with the remaining 20% on quiet streets making it suitable for any age from 18 months
• Lots of breaks for photos, ice creams and a snack at Embankment Gardens (food not provided)
• Helmets and bikes are provided
What Can I Expect
Get the little and the long legs pedalling on these family bike tours! London might not the be the immediate choice for a family cycling trip, but thanks to the East-West Cycle Superhighway and your highly knowledgeable guide, it’s now a very pleasant way to tour the capital on two wheels.
These private cycle tours of London have been specifically designed with families in mind. You can bring really little people from just 18 months old in child bike seats, whilst mini riders who are confident on children’s bikes without stabilisers can ride themselves. And yes, bikes and helmets are included in the price of these guided family bike trips.
Being offered on an exclusive basis means you can go at your family’s pace, stopping for selfies, a little sit down or a play. And, of course, there's plenty of time for coffees for the grown ups and ice creams for the kiddies too. The advantage of having your own private guide is that they know the route really well, so you don’t have all the faff of stopping to check maps, working out where you are and which way you’re supposed to be going.
And not only that, in between a gently-paced bit of pedalling, you’ll be treated to fascinating facts, figures and anecdotes by your private tour guide. That means your London biking tour is educational for all the family, as well as great exercise!
So just let them take the lead as you head off from base at Gabriel’s Wharf. After admiring the Thames from the South Bank, you cross Blackfriar’s Bridge - your first taste of a cycle superhighway. Once on the Embankment, it’s westwards we go in the direction of Westminster to the turn around point a Green Park. This is on the famous East-West part of the cycling superhighway and it’s rather fine. What makes it different to any other cycle lane? Well, it’s not just a painted line in the road, it’s completely separate from the cars and buses, so it feels safe.
The great thing about the family bike tours is that the itinerary has been specifically designed to use these wide, two way routes made just for bicycles to the maximum. You’ll find about 80% of the tour is like that, with the other 20% on little-used paths and roads. Who’d have though you could ride all the way from Blackfriars to the Queen’s big house on a superhighway for bikes?
• Tours are available daily at a mutually convenient arranged time
• Valid for up to 4 people
• Suitable for all ages from 18 months
• Additional people can be booked up to a maximum of 9 for an additional £24.95 per person payable when booking your date
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Sensible footwear and clothing suitable to the weather conditions of the day should be worn
• Participants should arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time
• Most of the tour is off the road and covers quiet back streets and cycle paths
• Tours are in English. Other languages are available upon request for an additional charge payable when making your booking
• Cycle from Lambeth Towers, London, SE11