Full and Half day courses
• A 30 minute introduction to the birds
• Learn terminology and vital information that you will need to use on your day
• Fly up to 6 different species of birds
• The half day falconry course lasts three hours and gives a good introduction to the sport
• Those opting for the full day course get to spend a lot more time flying the birds over the seven hours and lunch is included in the price
Raptor Experiences for Two
• A full 1.5 hours with the Raptors
• A meet and greet with your falconer and the birds
• Access to the weathering lawn and aviary
• You will handle and learn how to fly one of the birds to your hand
• Plenty of time for questions
• Refreshments included
• All experiences hosted by professional falconers
• You may be joining a group of eight on the day
• Choose the Segway combo and you will both also receive a one hour woodland glide through a 12 acre woodland
What Can I Expect
This Cheshire falconry venue boasts one of the largest collections of falcons and other birds of prey in the country at about 85 birds, ranging from Falcons to a rare White Tailed Sea Eagle.
The half day 'meet the birds' is a morning experience which starts with a 30 minute introduction to the birds you will be flying, held in the 'mews' section of this Cheshire falconry centre. You will start to learn some of the terminology and vital information required for falconry that you will shortly be needing when you come to fly your first bird. You will then be fitted with a glove and move up to the flying field. During the rest of the morning (broken only by a break for coffee) you will fly up to six different species of bird of prey including Hawk, Falcon, Buzzard, Owl, Vulture and possibly even an Eagle.
The full day falconry course in Cheshire starts with a welcome and introduction by your host falconer. You then receive a 30 minute introduction to the birds. This is the beginning of a day of total immersion into the fascinating world of falconry, by the end of which you will have a real insight and understanding of the subject. At this stage you are just being given enough information to enable the Falconer to set you up with a glove and head to the flying field to fly those raptors.
After lunch (included in price of this Cheshire falconry session) you have the opportunity to apply your new skills and expertise out in the countryside. You will take several different birds and spend the afternoon flying them and learning how they interact with you and what makes them such formidable hunters. At the end of the day you will not only leave with a more involved knowledge about falcons, but with new knowledge about the natural world in general.
Our Raptor Experience is an EXCLUSIVE Into the Blue offer and will be hosted by an expert falconer who'll start the session off by introducing you to the birds of prey in the aviary and on the weathering lawn. You will then be given a glove and shown how to get the birds to land on your gloved hand. The first time one of these fine raptors swoops in to then land so softly and gently on your hand is truly amazing. You both might be nervous at first, but by the end of your hands on experience with the raptors, you'll be a dab hand. And for an extra dimension to your day, you can add on a Segway ride around this Cheshire centre to round off your falconry day.
Open to the public, this friendly Cheshire falconry centre is a very popular visitor attraction and has excellent facilities on site, including an award winning restaurant. We think you'll love these varied and very much hands-on raptor experiences!
• Falconry experiences operate all year round, subject to availability
• Experiences operate on both weekdays and weekends
• The half day course runs from 09:30 to 12:30
• The full day runs from 09:30 to 16:30
• This venue is not as vulnerable to adverse weather as some centres, as there is a 75' barn in which the flying can take place in wet or windy conditions
• Minimum participant age is 14 years
• Under 18's must be accompanied by an adult
• Group sizes are kept small usually with no more than 8 guests per instructor
• You should wear outdoor clothing, and in case of wet weather, boots and waterproofs
• The half day 'Meet the Birds' experience is suitable for wheel chair users
• The Cheshire venue permits friends and family to come and watch and take photographs
• There is a separate charge of £20 for the half day experience
• A £35 fee is charged for the full day and includes lunch
• Spectator fee for the raptor experience is £10 (please mention when booking your date)
• Spectator fees are paid directly on the day
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• You are welcome to bring a camera along
• The centre can help with advice on good hotels and B & Bs within the local Cheshire countryside
• The centre is close to Northwich around 11 miles from J19 of the M6