• An exclusive two hour jewellery workshop experience
• Create an item of jewellery (ring, earrings or bangle) from sterling silver
• Private use of the workshop for you or your group
• One to one tuition and guidance by a fully qualified silversmith
• Learn traditional silversmithing techniques
• Access to all tools required in a fully equipped workshop
• Polishing of your finished jewellery item
• Refreshments are provided
• Take home your jewellery creation at the end of the workshop
• Personal Protection Equipment will be provided on the day
What Can I Expect
Exclusive jewellery making in Kent! These workshops near Tonbridge are totally bespoke to you, with vouchers offered for individuals or small groups of up to six people to learn how to make artisan silver jewellery.
Your host for these jewellery making experiences is Sara. She has set up her workshop at her lovely cottage in Hadlow, just north of Tonbridge in Kent. Here she creates beautiful hand-crafted pieces that are both practical and decorative, from commemorative plates and keep-sake boxes, to rings and pendants.
Sara certainly has an eye for design and detail. Keen to encourage the inner silversmith in us all, Sara opens up her workshop to share her jewellery making skills. These workshops are all run as private lessons, so you will have the undivided attention of Sara and the use of her workshop space.
So, what will you be making on these jewellery workshops in Kent? Sara is offering to show you how to create a ring, a bangle or a pair of earrings. You’ll be able to have a chat about the style you’re looking for and discuss your design before you start working the metal.
You’ll have space on a jeweller’s workbench and all the traditional tools will be available to you. Making your own artisan jewellery pieces is quite an intricate process and involves learning how to heat, form, hammer, solder and file your silver into the form you’ve decided on. Sara will be, of course, with you every step of the way, as you create your bespoke piece.
Perhaps you’ll be making a pair of delicate silver earrings to offer a loved one as a present? Maybe you want to create a bangle for your daughter? Or how about using time in the workshop to craft an eternity ring for your beloved? There are lots of ideas and possibilities to explore.
Sara’s fun and friendly jewellery making classes in Kent last two hours. During that time you’ll learn a lot about creating bespoke jewellery and how to work silver, whilst handcrafting your very own piece that you get to take home with you. A personalised piece that’s sure to give years of pleasure as it’s worn.
• Wednesday to Sunday throughout the year
• 10:00 to 12:00 and 13:00 to 15:00
• Minimum age 18
• Suitable for beginners
• Spectators are not permitted
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Additional silver can be purchased on the day if required
• You will be required to sign a waiver agreement before starting the workshop
• Suitable clothing must be worn with no long, loose sleeves
• Closed toe shoes must be worn, no opened toed shoes, sandals or high heels
• Please do not wear any dangling jewellery
• Long hair must be tied back
• Hadlow, near Tonbridge, Kent