• 90 minute introduction to sailing
• Briefing and demonstration of the boats controls
• Take the controls and sail around the lake
• Guidance and supervision from an experienced instructor
• You will form part of a group of up to 8 participants
RYA Level 1-Start Sailing
• Two day RYA sailing course (generally 09:00-17:00 each day)
• Learn the basics of sailing a dinghy
• Topics covered: Personal safety, slipping and coming alongside, sailing theory, dinghy handling under sail and water safety
• By the end of the course you will have a basic understanding of dinghy handling under sail as well as relevant background knowledge
• You will form part of a group of up to 6 participants
What Can I Expect
Dinghy sailing courses in Milton Keynes for all! Learn to sail a dinghy boat on Willen Lakes in Milton Keynes. Get the wind in your sails for a 90-minute taster or a RYA two day course and enjoy the pleasures of sailing on in-land water.
If you’re curious about what it takes to sail a boat, we can highly recommend the Discover Sailing course for you. You’ll spend a good hour and a half at this Milton Keynes centre learning the basics of sailing a dinghy. That gives you enough time to get to grips with what sailing is all about, whilst not getting too tired.
Those of you who want to learn more about sailing should look at the excellent value for money two-day RYA Start Sailing (Level 1) course. With on-shore and on-water tuition across two full days at the sailing centre, you’ll have a really good grounding for being able to sail a boat - and it’s an RYA course too, which means you get a qualification at the end!
Both courses are run and hosted by fully qualified RYA sailing instructors who are really good at giving clear instructions, at motivating you and encouraging you with your sailing techniques. There’s always instructor supervision out on the lakes whilst boats are out, so there’s always someone keeping an eye on you.
Boats used for these courses include Laser Pico and Laser Bahia dinghies. Operated at sailing schools all over the world, the Laser range of boats is one of the best for beginners. They’re light and agile, easy to handle and great on the water too. They’re big enough for one adult or one to two children.
Facilities down at Willen Lakes are fantastic, making it a really nice place to go for sailing courses in the Milton Keynes area. It’s a great choice for ‘making a weekend of it’, with lots of accommodation from glamping sites to well-known chain hotels on or near Willen Lakes, so you can stay overnight and sail all day!
• Selected weekend dates throughout the year
• Dates are subject to availability
• Minimum age 8
• Under 16s must be accompanied by a participating or spectating adult
RYA Level 1-Start Sailing
• Minimum age 16
• Spectators are welcome
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Willen Lakes, Milton Keynes