• Drive a Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 'Transformers Bumblebee' for 3 or 6 laps
• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• Fully qualified instructors on hand throughout your experience
• Each lap is approximately 1 mile
• Allow at least an hour on site for 3 lap experiences and around 2 hours for 6 laps
What Can I Expect
Get ready to see your car-mad youngsters grinning from ear to ear thanks to this very special Bumblebee car! Your little ones will know that Bumblebee is one of the most popular Autobots out there, having starred (in various forms) in endless Transformer films, animations and books over the years.
But just what sort of car is Bumblebee? Once again, your little darlings will know he has appeared in various guises, from being a funky little yellow and black Beetle, through a couple of different versions of the Camaro, to today's bang up to date, fifth generation Chevrolet Camaro. And it's this high-tech powerhouse the juniors will be driving.
He certainly looks the part as he roars into the pits. That bright sunny amber bodywork is set off with those distinctive bee-like black stripes that run across the bonnet. One touch of the accelerator and he growls loud enough to make you turn and look. With that impressive 6.2l all-aluminium supercharged engine this Bumblebee is sure to make young fans jump up and down with excitement.
But this transformer experience isn't just about looking at and meeting Bumblebee in AltMode. This is all about getting to grips with this cheeky little bot out on the track. So, it's time for the mini Chevrolet fans to clamber into that Recaro racing style front seat and get ready to roll. Yes, they will actually be driving!
Of course, juniors aren't let loose on the circuit to cruise solo and probably cause chaos, they are accompanied at all times by a highly experienced and fully qualified instructor. And as the Chevrolet is transformed neatly into a dual-controlled car, there's no danger your offspring will get into trouble on the track
Each child will have three laps of the circuit in their Bumblebee car. This will give them enough time to get to know the track a bit and as the route gets familiar, they should get faster with each pass. There might be no way of launching this Transformer into stealth force battle mode, but it's going to be supercharged Chevvy fun all the same!
• Selected weekday and weekend dates throughout the year, subject to availability
• Sessions operate between 08:30 and 15:30
• Minimum age 10
• Minimum height 4ft 3ins
• Under 18's must be accompanied by an adult on site
• This is not suitable if you have previously had back, neck or knee problems
• Spectators are welcome to come and watch
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Although there are guidelines for minimum height for young drivers, the operator must ensure they are physically able and safe to drive the car on the day. In the event they are unable to drive the car safely, an alternative will be given
• All drivers on the day will have the option to pay a non-refundable £25 damage waiver which will cover them against any damage that may be caused to the vehicle(s) in the event of an incident
• Drivers who do not wish to take this waiver will need to sign a disclaimer and will need to be able to cover the cost on the day for any damage to the vehicle up to a maximum amount of £5000. Credit card details will need to be provided with £5000 limit or above for this reason. Debit cards are accepted however please be aware a pre-authorisation applies to debit cards to check funds are available
• Most venues are airfield style circuits with large run off areas
• Abingdon Airfield, Oxfordshire
• Bovington, Wareham, Dorset
• Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground, Leicestershire
• NAEC Stoneleigh, Warwickshire
• Norfolk Gliding Club
• Perranporth Airfield, Cornwall (Annual Event)
• Honnington, Suffolk
• Tockwith, North Yorkshire
• Three Sisters, Wigan
** Premium MSA race track £35 supplement applies, payable direct
* Weekend upgrade £25
• Blyton Park, Lincolnshire*
• Dunsfold Airfield, Surrey**
• All locations are subject to change