Rage Buggy Passenger Ride
• Welcome and safety briefing
• A 2 lap passenger ride in a top of the range R180T Rage Buggy
• You will be driven by the 2009, 2010 and 2011 British Rally Cross Champion
• Allow around 30 minutes at the venue
Half Day Rally
• Meet and greet, refreshments and safety briefing
• Tuition laps with a professional instructor driving
• Drive 3 vehicles: Ford RST, Rage Phaser & Rage Nytro
• Drift school tuition, racing lines and racing principles in 120bhp/tonne training cars
• Rage buggy High speed lapping and tuition in 300bhp/tonne training cars
• You will be taught the following techniques: Understeer and oversteer control, racing lines, handbrake turns, Scandinavian flicks, practice and scored laps
• Scored laps in the rage buggy
• High speed passenger ride with the British Rallycross Champion
• Allow 3.5 hours on site for this experience
Full Day Rally
• In addition to the techniques taught on the half day this course also covers more advanced driving techniques including: Throttle control, drifing, pitch angle, pendulums, steering with pedals, weight distribution, brake bias, lift off or handbrake oversteer and road surface vs driving style
What Can I Expect
Spend a half or full day getting to grips with the speed and agility of our Rage Buggies in Chichester, West Sussex, or let someone else show you how it's done with a rage buggy passenger ride! It's all about the quality of the instructors here, as the school is owned and run by Leo Forster, who learnt to race at the tender age of five.
Tip top tuition for those who opt to drive is on the cards for all day then, as Leo and his highly skilled team take you through the paces driving a Rage Buggy in a rally cross situation. Many of the skills needed are just like in standard rallying, but these buggies are something else. Open sided, the wind and mud comes flying and the wheels go spinning with a cacophony of engine and throttle noise - just as well you're kitted out in full face helmets and race suits throughout. Truly exciting stuff.
On the half day rage buggy session you will learn the essentials, such as low speed buggy control, gear selection and high speed skills too. The full day experience gives you the same training, but with a lot more time behind the wheel to perfect those buggy moves, as well as some extra tips.
For example, full day participants will learn just how the pros get the most out of these Rage Buggies, from being taught about racing lines and braking points, to throttle control and dealing with changing race surfaces. Discovering racing craft means your lap times throughout the day are bound to improve rapidly.
On both experiences you will start off as a passenger for some circuit familiarisation laps with the instructor explaining the layout of the track as you go. It's then over to you for your first practice laps as you get a feel for how lively your mud-munching buggy can be, as you fling it around the tight corners and maybe even pulling a few Scandinavian flicks.
After everything you'll have learnt whilst you've been driving these rage buggies in Chichester, you will love the finale - timed laps. Get fired up to lay down some serious laptimes as you push yourself to the limits in these 360bhp lightweight machines capable of 0-60 in four seconds. And of course, for those opting for the passenger ride, you'll be leaving the driving to one of this Chichester centre's experienced instructors as you get whisked off on a nail-bitingly rapid drive of the track!
All a bit too fast and furious for you? Then take a look at our personal transporter experiences. We have some superb Segway days out throughout the UK which are great fun and, a bit more sedate.
• Full and half days are available on selected dates between April and October
• Half Day sessions are 9am -12.30pm or 1.30-5pm
• Full Day sessions are 9am - 5pm
• Height restrictions: minimum 5ft, maximum 6ft 4ins
• Comfortable clothing that you don't mind getting muddy is recommended
• Please wear trainers/sensible shoes
• A driving licence is not required
• Spectators are welcome, free of charge
• Lunch can be provided by the venue and will have to confirmed when booking
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• An off road track in Chichester, West Sussex