• Educational and informal bird of prey demonstration
• Opportunity to handle and fly a variety of Birds of Prey including hawks, falcons, owls and an eagle on the glove
• Plenty of photo opportunities
• Allow up to two hours for this experience
• You will be part of a group of up to 15 participants
What Can I Expect
Come and meet majestic birds of prey in Hertfordshire! These two hour bird of prey experiences take place in a truly picturesque setting in Ware and give you the chance to make some feathery friends.
Westmill Farm is home to a wealth of attractions, including golf, fishing, art workshops and model car track, along with a garden centre and restaurant. It's out in the Hertfordshire countryside and makes for a great place to take the family, have a bite to eat and have a wonder around. Booking onto one of these taster bird of prey sessions makes the visit all the more exciting, as you get up close to these birds of prey.
One thing we must mention about this experience is the fact that it is unique in having a daughter and father set up, with both working together to make a formidable team, hosting displays and events at country fairs and shows around the country.
One thing that surprised us is that these formidable hunters are really quite small when you look at them sitting patiently on your hand, but that certainly doesn't hinder their hunting skills.
As well as meeting the birds, handling them and flying them, you will also learn about husbandry and training as you hear about the work that Charlotte and John do. Indeed, you'll soon realise a special relationship builds up between falconer and raptor and during these birds of prey Hertfordshire experiences you should get a little insight into that world of avian wonder.
• Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays, subject to availability
• Sessions operate at 10.30am - 12.30pm, and 1pm-3pm
• Minimum age 10
• Under 17's must be accompanied by a participating or spectating adult
• Spectators are welcome for a £10 fee payable on the day
• Children under the age of 10 are free but must be accompanied by an adult that has purchased a spectator pass
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Please arrive 15 minutes before your booked session time
• Sensible outdoor clothing and covered in footwear should be worn
• The centre boasts a five star animal welfare licence
• Animal Welfare Licence AW055 issued by Fenland District Council
• Ware, Hertfordshire