• Battle Archery session
• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• Get kitted up with your arm guard and face mask
• Learn how to shoot the bow in the traditional style
• Shoot unlimited arrows in mission scenarios around the game zone against other participants
• Please allow two hours for this experience
• You will form part of a group of up to 26 participants
What Can I Expect
Get ready to take out the enemy when you play Battle Archery! This outdoor shooting game is a bit like a ye olde ancient version of paintball. Instead of paint splattering guns, you’ll be armed with an archery bow shooting foam arrows and you’ll head off into the battle field of Bristol on missions and scenarios.
Situated mid-way between Bath and Bristol, you will be battling it out for archery supremacy in Keynsham, at an outdoor wildlife and adventure park. That means there’s loads of space for you to run around and fire off those foamy arrows and generally let off lots of steam with this fun outdoor game.
Before being let loose in the game zone proper, you’ll be ushered into the training zone alongside other trainee battle archers. Here you’ll be kitted out with an arm guard and a full face mask, which, as well as protecting you, gives you that rather nifty undercover ninja warrior look. The marshal team’s first job is to show you how to load up the arrow and then fire. Once you’ve got the hang of the archery bit, the paintball-style challenges will be explained to you.
The idea of the archery-fuelled battle is that a group of you (usually up to 26) will be battling it out on the fields, attempting to succeed at various tasks that have been set. You’ll need to keep your wits about you to keep across what’s happening at all times and keep an eye on who might well be creeping up on you with a fully-knocked foam arrow ready to be fired.
We must say at this point that, unlike sometimes with paintball, these archery arrows don’t sting or make a big, messy splat, meaning all ages and builds can enjoy a battle archery session at this Bristol-based venue. In fact, kids’ specific sessions are run with adapted battles suitable for 11 to 15 year olds and we think your teen will absolutely you it.
Mind you, so do the adults. It’s time to throw caution to the wind, ditch those inhibitions and go storming around the scene of the conflict with abandon, shooting arrows as you go. And you can be as reckless as you like with the foamy arrows - they’re unlimited. So by the end of your battle archery game, we fully expect the ground to be littered with the things. Proof of an excellent skirmish for sure!
• Saturdays and Sundays with occasional weekdays during national school holidays
• Dates and session times are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Child vouchers are valid for 11-15 year olds
• Adult vouchers are valid for ages 16+
• Under 15s must have a disclaimer signed by a parent or guardian
• Spectators are welcome to watch
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Battle archery vouchers can be used for Aerial Archery (Laporte) if required
• Free onsite parking and toilet facilities
• Entry to the Park is not included for participants or spectators, however a 10% discount to is offered giving access to the park, animals and cafe
• Avon Valley Wildlife and Adventure Park, Keynsham, Bristol