• One hour axe throwing session
• Tuition from an experienced instructor to learn the basics of axe throwing
• Practice throwing the training 'Angel' axes
• Once confident you will progress to the Norse tomahawks, taking aim at the log targets
• You will form part of a group of up to 12 participants
Axe and Rifle Combo
• In addition to the axe throwing you will also receive a rifle shooting session
• Take aim and fire 30 shots at targets on a 25 metre range
• Sessions last between 1.5-2 hours for this experience
What Can I Expect
Axe throwing in Leicestershire - learn to throw different types of axes, with the possibility of adding in a session of air rifling too! Taking place at this outdoor activity centre near Market Harborough, you’ll receive full training on how to get axes to ‘stick’, as they say, into the wood. Let’s see if you’re going to be a top-level axe thrower!
Your session starts with the most important thing - a safety briefing - so you can all stay safe in the activity areas. Once outside, it’s time to start training with the Angel Axes. These axes are like a cross between a knife and an axe. They’re quite small, with a handle and a point like a knife, along with side blades like an axe. And as the form resembles wings, that’s where the name Angel Axe comes from. They’re ideal for budding axe throwers to build confidence, as they have more blade area to hit the wood with.
You’ll also be able to see with the Angel Axes how much or how many times your axe rotates through the air, which helps when determining your stance distance. Once you’ve worked through all that, you’ll be ready to embrace your inner Viking with the Norse Tomahawks.
These are what you’d call ‘classic’ axes. But instead of chopping wood in the frozen forests of the Scandic countries, you’ll be in little old Leicestershire lobbing these axes into hunks of wood. It’s proper fun. And once you stop hearing the dull ‘clang’ sound of the axe dropping to the ground and start hearing a satisfying ‘thud’ as they land square on in the tree trunks, you’ll be feeling pretty pleased with yourself.
For an extra dimension to your axe throwing, this Leicestershire venue also offers a combo experience that adds a session of air rifling to your day out. With 30 shots at your disposal, you’ll be lining up to shoot at traditional targets on the 25 metre range. And of course, just like the axe throwing, coaching and all the gear is included. Have fun!
• Experiences are available on selected weekday and weekend dates throughout the year
• Minimum age 12
• Under 18s must be accompanied by a participating or spectating adult
• A minimum of two vouchers must be purchased for the combo session
• Spectators are welcome to watch
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Drinks and refreshments are available to purchase onsite
• There are viewing areas and toilet facilities available
• Sibbertoft, near Husbands Bosworth in Leicestershire