• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• 3 sighting laps as a passenger to learn the racing lines and braking points
• 1 high speed passenger lap in a sports saloon
• Drive the Ariel Atom 300 for 10 laps
• Each lap is approximately 1km
• Performance driving debrief with your instructor
• Experiences last approximately 90 minutes
• This experience is available as a driving or passenger experience
The Ariel Atom 300
• Just 515kg with 310bhp
• 0-60 in 2.6 seconds
• 0-100 in 6.8 seconds
• Racing slick tyres and uprated brakes
• Supercharged Honda Type R engine
What Can I Expect
Go on, treat yourself or someone you love to an Ariel Atom drive. It really is quite intense. In fact, we challenge you to stay cool, calm and collected whilst you're in the driving hot seat of this incredible road legal racer that accelerates so fast that by the time you read this sentence you've already done 0-60mph!
This Atom track day in Hertfordshire gives you a thrilling couple of hours surrounded by brilliant cars at this challenging former airfield circuit. Before you are let loose in this great little car, you get to see what the track's like on a set of four instructor-driven sighting laps. Then with those laps under your (cam)belt in Hertfordshire, it's time to climb aboard the awesome Atom and get ready to feel the power as you take your place in the driver's seat for the next part of your experience.
Actually, don't bother opening the door to get in the Atom, because there isn't one. There's no need to clean the flies off the windscreen, because there isn't one. And you can forget bringing a bag, there's no space for that. This is grass roots motoring brought right back into the 21st century. The ultra-lightweight Atom you will be at the helm of has been fitted with a Civic Type R engine that actually has the audacity to be supercharged too, so you might be 'hanging on to your hat' as they say. Then there are the uprated Alcon brakes and the special sticky rubber tyres - all meant to keep you firmly on the tarmac despite the raw power, throughout your driving laps in the Ariel Atom.
One of the centre's leading driving instructors will be sitting beside you in the cockpit (we say cockpit as it is so unlike any other car we've ever been in and very open) throughout your drive. You will enjoy 10 amazing laps in this superlative little car as you whizz around this Hertfordshire venue in your Ariel Atom 300. Plenty of time to get the hang of the track etiquette and post your personal best lap time, then!
• Selected weekdays throughout the year
• Upgrades to include Saturday mornings are available for £39 when booking your date
• Experiences are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Height restrictions: minimum 5ft, maximum 6ft 5 ins
• Weight restrictions: maximum 20 stone
• A full manual driving licence is required (if driving)
• Participants must be physically fit with no serious health conditions
• Minimum age 5 for passenger experience
• Spectators are welcome to come along
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Flat soled shoes must be worn
• Glasses must be worn if needed
• Refreshments and snacks are available to purchase onsite
• Professional Photographs and onboard Go Pro recordings are available to purchase on the day
• Drivers will need to sign a form accepting risk and vehicle damage liability of £1400+VAT alternatively a £25 Collision Damage waiver can be paid to zero excess
• Bovingdon Airfield, Hemel Hemstead, Hertfordshire