• One hour archery session
• Safety briefing and demo from your instructor
• You will be using a modern left or right-handed recurve bow
• One to one instruction for your first few arrows
• As much instruction as required throughout the session
• A minimum of two vouchers must be purchased for this experience
• One hour archery session as above
• Choose from a one hour axe throwing or crossbow session
What Can I Expect
Calling all Mancunians who want to try archery! Manchester city centre is just 10-miles away, but when you’re in the middle of the woods with a bow and arrow in your hand, you could be a million miles away. These archery, crossbow and axe throwing experiences are superb fun for all.
We are offering one-hour archery lessons at Botany Bay Woods near Eccles. If you want to spice up the experience, we highly recommend you go for the archery combo, which gives you the hour of archery, plus your choice between axe throwing and crossbow shooting. Both are utterly brilliant and loved by everyone who tries them.
All sessions start with a safety briefing, as you will be armed with sharp pointy things that handled incorrectly could be dangerous. It’s all done very professionally of course, but keeping the tone light and friendly, which is the whole aim of the game here in Manchester. The archery set up is in a clearing in the middle of the woods, so this is where you’ll head to after the basecamp briefing.
You’ll be kitted out with a modern recurve bow. They come in left and right-handed versions, as well as different sizes, so the right one will be selected for you according to your height and build. Instruction is initially on a one-to-one basis to show you how to load the arrows, hold the bow, stand and then fire the arrow at the targets.
From thereon in, the instructors will be on-hand to tutor and assist if you need it. Once up and running with confidence, the team will organise some games for you to try. Some are purely competitive, some are really quite funny and others very cleverly get even the weaker archers on a winning streak!
And don’t forget, if you go for the combo experience rather than just pure archery at this Manchester venue, you can add on crossbow archery or axe throwing. You’ll be either lobbing American Eagle throwing axes into huge chunks of wood, or you’ll be going high-tech with a crossbow. Less effort than archery, yet way more lethal!
• Weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• Dates and session times are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Under 18s must be accompanied by a participating or spectating adult
• Archery - Minimum age 7
• Archery Combo - Minimum age 12
• Spectators are welcome
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Suitable outdoor clothing and closed toe footwear should be worn
• Refreshments are available to purchase
• On site toilet facilities
• Botany Bay Woods, Eccles, Manchester