• Early bird scenic segway tour for two people
• Your experience will begin with a safety briefing and instruction session
• After you feel comfortable with the feel and control technique of the segway you will begin your 30-35 minute tour around the grounds
• See sights of the Castle not usually seen by those travelling on foot
• Highlights include the Castle Lake, Maze, Lady Baillie's Gardens and the Castle Courtyard
• Enjoy your tour while the Castle is closed to the general public
• Please allow up to one hour on site for this experience
• Lots of photo opportunities so it is advised to bring a camera
60 minute segway adventure tours are also available at this location
What Can I Expect
Here’s a new take on sightseeing at Leeds Castle with this Segway discount voucher! As far as Segway offers go, this very special Leeds Castle deal is a really good one. Not only do you get a big discount, you get to Segway before the crowds turn up!
This early bird Segway deal is a bit of a corker. It offers a 30-35 minute tour around lovely Leeds Castle in Kent for a great price. It also gives you the chance to head off on your escorted Segway session before the gates even open to the general public. That means you'll be explore those stunning grounds before anyone else. And, this Segway special offer is for two people. What more could you ask for?
Actually, there is more. A 09:30 start might seem a tad early, but it means you get to Leeds Castle at one of the most delightful times of day. The birds are singing, the wind rustles the leaves on the trees and all is calm before the day visitors arrives in their coach loads. This is quite simply the best time to be roaming around the 500-acre estate.
And you won’t be taking the well-trodden paths that visitors discovering Leeds Castle on foot usually take. These are rugged off-roading Segways after all, so expect to be zipping along fields and trails on routes that aren’t normally open to the public. Of course, you still get to see the highlights too on these special offer tours, as you Segway past the likes of Lady Baillie’s garden, the aviary, the Maiden’s Tower, Great Water and the famous moat.
The route is so picturesque, stopping to take photos is a must. And if you have one, you are welcome to bring along a GoPro, so you can video the day you went Segwaying around this most famous of Kentish castles. All tours are preceded by a one-to-one training session to get you comfortable with the machine and the controls, before you head off on your guided tour as a group.
With entertaining commentary on the history of the grounds and the castle included, this is the most exhilarating way to visit Leeds Castle. Segway discount vouchers are valid for two people, with each of you riding your own X2 Segway transporter for the duration of your tour. And all this before the castle is officially open to the public for the day!
• Experiences operate seven days a week from March to October
• During Autumn and Winter experiences operate less frequently
• Sessions start at 9.30 am
• There is a minimum age of 13 years to take part in this experience
• Minimum weight 7 stone
• Under 18's must be accompanied by a participating adult
• There is a maximum weight limit of 17.5 stone
• Comfortable, outdoor clothing is recommended as well as sensible, flat soled footwear
• This experience is not suitable for those who are pregnant
• You will form part of a group on the day
• Spectators are welcome to watch participants during the training experience however will not be able to view the experience once participants begin the castle grounds tour
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• No castle entry ticket is necessary to take part in the tour
During Castle Opening Times
• Free facilities onsite include parking, access to the castle gift shop, a coffee kiosk (open in spring and summer and weekends only in autumn and winter)
• Other facilities that can access by purchasing a entry ticket to the grounds include the onsite restaurant and kids play area
• Entry is £24.50 for adults and £16.50 for children
• Within the 500 acres of scenic grounds at Leeds Castle
• Seven miles east of Maidstone, Kent