• Briefing session with your instructor who will be with you at all times
• All driving is done by the participant with instruction and guidance
• The winner of the timed competition at the end will receive a trophy
• Helmets are provided
• Refreshments and snacks available
• Experiences last approximately 3.5 hours
• Drive the 2 mile loop of the Forest Rally Stage
• Drive a Ford Escort RS2000, Subaru Impreza 4WD or a FWD Ford Focus
• Learn rally skills and specific tasks such as handbrake turns
• You will form part of a small group of up to 5 drivers
• Rally course using the 7 miles of competition Forest Rally Stage
• Choose from a Ford Escort RS2000, Subaru Impreza 4WD or a FWD Ford Focus
• Learn car control, handbrake turns and pendulum techniques
• You will form part of a small group of up to 3 drivers
• Flexible format to allow for specific requests
• You will form part of a small group of up to 2 drivers
• Exclusive session (just you and and instructor) for maximum drive time and tuition
What Can I Expect
Don’t settle for anything less than the real deal for your rally driving experience in Wales! These are genuine rally stages in the Welsh forest. Enjoy rallying with the experts in the famous forests of Powys, synonymous with the Wales Rally GB World Rally Championship.
Used by top rally teams for testing and driver instruction, this professional rally school boasts seven miles of loose surface forest stage in one of the most exciting and authentic settings in the UK. All the rally instructors are passionate about their rallying, so you learn from the very best, in race-spec cars maintained by a renowned motor sport outfit. You could be driving a rear-wheel drive classic like the Ford Escort RS2000, a front-wheel drive Ford Focus, or go all wheel drive in the Subaru Impreza.
Rally courses all start with a driver briefing and end with the chance to race against the clock on a timed lap. What happens in between entirely depends on which voucher you choose!
Have a read of the ‘What’s included’ section, which gives you the full programme for each course. Running from Bronze and Silver, to Gold and Platinum, there’s an option for every budding rally driver. No previous experience is necessary for any of them. You’ll be taught how to execute pendulums and handbrake turns, the essential moves to get you round the loose gravel faster, whichever car you’re in.
When you’re training you’ll be out on the two-mile stage, grappling for grip and honing that racing line. If it’s included in your voucher, the full rally stage is the ultimate test. This circuit is truly typical of a competition forest rally stage, complete with trees, hills hairpins and even great views of the Welsh countryside.
A little insider tip for you. Take careful note of the group sizes here in Powys. On the Bronze taster you’ll be in a maximum of five, which reduces to just three people for the Silver - much better stats than many other Welsh rally schools out there.
For the ultimate in forest rally driving in Wales, it’s got to be Gold or Platinum. These experiences are bespoke to what you want to do; be it sessions on the short stage, long stage, timed laps or being co-driver. On the Platinum it’s exclusive one-to-one time for just you, and the Gold is the same deal, but with a group size of just two. With oodles of drive time, they're easily the most intensive rally courses we've got.
• Saturdays and Sundays throughout the year
• Experiences run from 09:00-12:30 or 13:00-16:30
• Drivers must arrive at least fifteen minutes prior to the course
• There is no minimum age but participants must have basic driving skills such as clutch control, be able to change gear without looking down and be physically able
• Recommended maximum height 6' 4" and maximum waist size 44" (please enquire if outside of these restrictions)
• Flat/narrow fitting thin soled shoes are ideal such as a sports trainer, to allow for a good 'pedal feel'
• High heels, platforms or large fashion trainers etc are not suitable and should not be worn
• Suitable outdoor clothing should be worn, especially in winter months as the forest is exposed and conditions can change during the day
• Due to the remote location and outdoor forest setting, there are no specific disabled facilities. Limited mobility is accommodated where possible but please enquire if you have specific requirements
• Spectators are allowed for a £5 fee and must be booked in advance (free of charge for gold & platinum experiences)
• Refreshments and snacks are provided
• The venue is not designed to accommodate children, please enquire for further information on suitability and limitations
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Once at the forest stage, all participants and spectators must remain there for the duration of the course for safety and access reasons
• There is a cabin to keep dry, toilet facilities and picnic benches
• Pets are not permitted on site
• Optional liability waivers are available for a charge of £25 bronze & silver, £50 gold and £75 for platinum experiences
• In a 900 acre forest complex with road conditions in Powys, Wales