• A VIP tour of the Biggin Hill Heritage Hangar
• See the current restoration projects in progress up close
• View the airworthy aircraft, usually including Spitfire, Hurricane, Harvard, Cub
• Opportunity to take photographs of the aircraft
• Please allow approximately an hour and a half for this experience
• Purchase the Sit in a Spit and Hangar Tour and you will also have the opportunity to sit in the cockpit of a fully functioning and airworthy Mk9 Spitfire
What Can I Expect
If you're a fan of these classic aircraft (and let's face it, who isn't?) our Spitfire Tour is a dream come true. This very special VIP Spitfire tour gives you access to the Biggin Hill Heritage Hangar, home to a resplendent collection of Spitfires and other vintage warbirds.
What makes this Spitfire tour unique is that it's a private viewing as the hangar isn't open to the general public. This is your chance to have a good look around this working hangar, witness the everyday goings on, see how the talented team works and generally feel rather emotional and overawed by the whole thing (as we were when we went!).
You'll be met by one of the Spitfire team on arrival and shown through reception. Somewhat innocuous from the outside, this place is a true treasure trove for aviation fans. As soon as the door from the office area to the main hangar is opened the view will take your breath away. Never before will you have seen so many priceless aircraft all in one place!
And what really stands out is that it is all so much more real and somehow interactive than your usual aircraft museum. This is where all the wonderful restoration work is done, where many of the planes are housed after they've been certified airworthy and also where other privately owned examples of Spitfires are hangared.
You can get properly up close to these aircraft (so much so that you can catch a whiff of that distinctive smell of leather and oil!), but as it is a working environment you will be accompanied on your Spitfire tour for your own safety - and also so your host can explain everything there is to know about these majestic winged residents.
If you opt for the cockpit visit, your VIP tour takes on an extra dimension with you clambering in to the Spitfire to sit in that hot seat. Just try and imagine what it was like for many young pilots who were gallantly protecting our skies during the Second World War in these beautiful flying machines.
You can buy a voucher for up to eight people to visit at once, so whether you want to make it an aviation-themed present for that one very special person, or fancy getting the family together for a nostalgic and eye-opening visit to this amazing hidden gem in Kent, you will be privileged to be a VIP Spitfire tour guest to the see the wonderful work this company does.
• Available on weekdays and Saturdays throughout the year
• Tours are at either 11:00 or 14:00
• The tours are suitable for all ages however under 18's must be accompanied by a participating adult
• All guests must hold a valid voucher
Sit in a Spit and Hangar Tour
• You need to be agile enough to climb up into the Spitfire cockpit
• Staff will be on hand at all times to assist guests in and out of the aircraft
• At no point do you fly in or with the Spitfire
• Leather soled shoes are not suitable as they may slip on the wing, trainers or rubber soled shoes are ideal
• All visitors to the hangar must be voucher holders and additional guests are not permitted
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Tours are conducted with very small groups of no more than 8 people
• Vouchers types can be mixed e.g if someone is not physically able to climb into the spitfire they can purchase a tour only voucher
• There are toilets on site
• Tea, Coffee and snacks are available to purchase
• Sorry no pets allowed
• Biggin Hill Airport, Kent