• All experiences start with a comprehensive safety briefing
• You will receive exclusive expert tuition
• Move around the different challenges of the course
• During the 60 minute experience you can expect to shoot 50 clays per person
• All safety equipment is provided
What Can I Expect
Clay Pigeon Shooting Bedfordshire - the creme de la creme of clay pigeon shoot venues! The facilities and equipment really are second to none at this wonderful shooting ground at Riseley, in between Bedford and Wellingborough - we think you'll enjoy 'breaking' your first clays here.
In fact, the centre has been awarded Premier status by the Clay Pigeon Shooting Association and Voted 'The Nations Favourite Shooting Ground 2016' by the readers of Clay Shooting. This leading Bedfordshire ground is large enough to be able to host National Championship level events, so whilst you're learning to shoot the clays, don't be surprised if you see (or more likely hear) some pros shows pummelling those clays faster than you can raise the shotgun and take aim.
Everything about this clays and outdoor centre located just north of Bedford city centre is top-notch. On arrival you'll see there is a gun sports shop packed to the rafters with all the shotguns, cartridges, safety kit, country pursuit clothing and lots more. The array of gear available can be bewildering for novices, but don't worry as you will be well looked after by this Bedfordshire team who will pick out the perfect set up for you to learn and progress with your shooting of the dastardly clay pigeons.
Out on the main concourse, you won't be able to miss the three tall towers that dominate the site. These are for what are known as 'flurries' where a barrage of clays are released at heights of up to 150ft way above your heads. A great test of skill and a superb finale, but probably best left to the expert members who shoot regularly at this Bedfordshire club, so something to quite literally aim for in the future perhaps!
As a beginner, you will get all the tuition you need to really enjoy your experience, which will include tackling some of the 12 separate clay shooting challenges including the intriguingly named High Drive, Quarry, Embankment and Grouse and with 75 fully electronic traps, you are guaranteed not to get bored. A wide range of guns are available to suit all ages and sizes and the instructors will be next to you making sure your stance and gun position are just right to "dust" those clays.
Amazing facilities and a superbly well-kept ground put this clay pigeon shooting Bedfordshire experience at the head of the leader board when it comes to taster clay sessions. We're sure you will both love learning to take aim and fire and by the end of your one hour shooting session in Bedford, you'll probably even know the difference between a rabbit clay and a teal clay - see it's not just about aiming at clay pigeons!
• Sessions are usually available through out the year
• Shooting takes place all week
• Minimum age is 8
• Minimum height 4'
• No pets on site please
• No alcohol allowed before shooting
• Please wear comfortable clothing, ideally with some shoulder padding
• Sensible footwear is recommended
• Friends and family are welcome to come to the lodge however viewing of the action is restricted
• There are 12 shooting areas, 75 electronic traps and three high towers
• The lodge has a comfortable indoor area providing hot and cold food, a bar, outdoor patio, toilets and a well stocked gun shop
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• The venue is a CPSA Premier Rated Shooting Club near Bedford with easy access via the M1, A1 and A14