• A pre-flight briefing explaining how to fly in the wind tunnel
• Two 60 second flights per person (the equivalent freefall time of three tandem skydives!)
• A personalised flight certificate signed by an instructor
• Watch others take on their indoor skydiving flight
• All safety equipment is provided
• You will be provided with a flight suit that fits over your normal clothes
• Allow spending at least an hour on site
What Can I Expect
Learn to body-fly on these unique iFLY experiences available at iFLY centres in Milton Keynes, Manchester and Basingstoke! We are sure you will have never experienced anything like iFLY before as you jump into the vertical wind tunnel for a very uplifting sensation!
All budding indoor skydivers start their iFLY session with a video briefing from the team on what to expect during your time in the wind tunnel. This is followed by a demonstration and practice of freefall parachuting and body-flying techniques from fully qualified and downright talented members of the iFLY indoor skydiving team who, quite frankly, make it all look too easy.
Once kitted out in your flying suit, helmet and goggles, you will enter the purpose-built windtunnel...and as you assume a horizontal flying position with your legs bent at the knees and arms out in front of you, your legs magically lift from under you and somehow you're flying in this crazy indoor chamber of fast-flowing upwards air.
Fully experienced iFLY instructors will accompany you inside the tunnel, to ensure you make and maintain the correct body positions for flying. They will also teach you some basic moves, so fear not, you're in safe hands as you make your first 'skydive', iFLY-style!
Before you know it, you will have found your wings and will be manoeuvring around the airchamber - you may even be able to learn some tricks whilst enjoying your flight in any one of three iFLY skydiving chambers located in Manchester city centre, Milton Keynes's Xscape, or Basingstoke!
IntotheBlue offers an amazing choice of gift suggestions perfect for any special occasion, this iFLY activity is just one of them. Please see our main gifts section for more inspirational gift ideas or if you are looking for a challenging gift for the man in your life take a look at our specific gifts for men section, where there is a selection of experiences perfect for men who love a bit of excitement.
• Bodyflights take place seven days a week 09.00 - 23.00
• £5 premium charge per person applies for sessions between 12:00-18:00 on weekend and school holiday dates, payable when booking your date
• Multiple sessions take place every day at each location
• You must arrive 60 minutes prior to the scheduled 'Flight' to allow for check-in, class and changing etc
• You can fly as long as you are under 18 stone (114kg)
• You must be over three years of age
• This is not suitable if you are pregnant, under the influence of alcohol or non-prescribed drugs, wearing a hard cast and have previously suffered from a dislocated shoulder
• You will be required to sign a Declaration of risk (anyone under 18 will require a parent or guardian's signature)
• If you wear glasses, goggles are supplied that fit over them
• Anyone with a history of neck or back problems or heart conditions should seek advice from their doctor before flying
• Individuals and groups with additional needs or requirements CAN FLY!
• If you find it difficult to participate in able-bodied activities but still want to be challenged and push your limits, Indoor Skydiving may be perfect
• Spectators are welcome to watch participants in flight
• There are toilets and changing facilities on site
• There are lots of other attractions located nearby along with retail and food outlets
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• This experience is excluded from additional discount codes and promotions
• Photos and recordings of your flight can be purchased at the venue
• There are secure lockers for personal item storage that are free of charge
• Arrive dressed casually wearing trousers and a shirt with preferably a button-down collar or no collar such as a t-shirt
• Shoes should be skate shoes or trainers that are lace up. Other shoes are not suitable
• Milton Keynes