Red Rover Tickets
• Red Rover tickets are valid for 24 hours and allow you to hop on and hop off when you like throughout the day
• Boats available operate from the following piers: Westminster / London Eye / Tower / Greenwich along the Thames all close to top attractions
What Can I Expect
Sail up and down the Thames with ease with a River Red Rover ticket! Ferrying you around as you criss cross from bank to bank, this package is an excellent way to do your sightseeing of the capital as you make the most of this hop on, hop off service.
There are four well-placed piers dotted along both shores where you can embark and disembark using your Red Rover river pass. On the north side, Westminster Pier is perfect for the Houses of Parliament and the Cabinet War Rooms. Whilst on the opposite bank is the London Eye, with direct access to all the attractions, hotels and eateries in the area - and a short walk to the arty South Bank quarter too.
As you rove further downstream, there are river boat stops at Her Majesty's Royal Palace and Fortress (Tower of London to us lay folk!). This is where you can see the red-suited Beefeater guards, admire the Crown Jewels and learn about its history from Royal residence to prison. The furthest stop on the route is at Greenwich, which you must make time to visit, as it is a part of London that has a lovely village feel to it and boasts the Cutty Sark in permanent dock.
We recommend that you really make the most of roving ticket and step off at each stop to explore, as every destination has fabulous onshore excursions on offer. There is so much to see and do in London, that you can spend all day getting to know the capital, using the river as your base and primary mode of transport for getting from A to B. And we think it’s a lot more pleasant than using the underground to get around, as you don't get perspective on where everything is when you ride the tube.
The fleet of boats is modern and all have excellent viewing areas, many with large open-air decks, which is the only place to be when the sun shines. There are toilet facilities and bars serving drinks and snacks, so you can have a rest from walking and just let the tourist attractions come to you as you cut through the water. These boats are also very easy to spot amongst all the craft using the Thames, as they all have a bright white and red livery, so River Rovers can embark on the right boat without a hitch.
The River Red Rover packs offer tourists the best of both worlds, as you can watch all the landmarks go past your panoramic floating window and have a welcome sit down, before going ashore to have a closer look round - and you'll be surprised how much you can see and do in just a day in London as a roving river rider!
Red Rover Tickets
• Tours are available daily throughout the year
• Boats depart each pier up to every 15 minutes
• Departure times vary slightly depending on which pier you leave from
• The earliest departure time available is 10:00 and the latest is 18:20
• All ages are welcome on board
• All under 16's must be accompanied by an adult
• Dogs are allowed on the boat (at the Captain's discretion)
• Most boats have wheelchair access
• This experience is not suitable for spectators
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• All boats have a toilet on board
• Snacks, sandwiches and drinks are available to purchase on the boat
• Audio guides are available in seven languages (Mandarin, Japanese, German, Italian, English, French and Spanish), subject to availability
• All piers are located along the River Thames