Drive a Mustang 1960s GT350 4.7L V8 with 271bhp
• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• Driving tips and guidance from a professional instructor
• Drive the GT350 for 3 miles
• Individual driving experience certificate to finish
• Allow around one to two hours on site
• Choose the double distance voucher and you will drive the GT350 for 6 miles
What Can I Expect
Muscling its way onto the track is the Mustang GT350! This is classic all-American muscle car driving as you take to the wheel of a 1960s Ford Mustang GT350 and take it for a very loud, V8-powered spin around a track. Time to get those chinos and old school shades on and get on down to the 60s groove.
The introduction of the Ford Mustang in 1965 broke the motoring mould in the USA. The list price for a brand new, sporty V8 coupe was just over 2300$, making it an affordable, yet attractive and pretty powerful car to own. No wonder it was an instant success. In fact, the Mustang was the most successful launch for Ford since the Model A in 1927!
The pony car you’ll be driving is a circa 1967 facelifted first generation Mustang GT350. This is the model that stretched the length just that little bit more, making this, by today’s standards, a pretty massive car. The styling is more pronounced, with the very long bonnet and short rear end and boot. And, of course, there are those classic racing Mustang stripes running from the bonnet, over the roof and down to the rear bumper.
Inside it’s just as you’d imagine a vintage Mustang GT350 to be. Up front are the two very low slung bucket seats, whilst behind is that bench seat. Perfect for all your High School mates to pile in for an evening at the Drive Thru Movies. But wait, that was several decades ago. This driving experience brings the Mustang right up to date as you take this classic out on a modern, smooth tarmac race track.
And despite it being one rather heavy and bulky pony, this Mustang GT350 does actually shift to gallop along quite nicely. A professional driver instructor will be at your side in the passenger seat to give you all the tips about the racing line, so you can push this classic American car to the limits. It might take a little getting used to when it comes to driving the Mustang, but for sure it’s big, bold and fun.
• Selected weekdays and weekends
• Experiences operate throughout the year in Leicestershire and between March to November at all other circuits
• Minimum age is 17
• You must hold a full driving licence and take it with you on the day
• Height restrictions: Minimum 5ft, maximum 6ft 4ins
• Weight restrictions: Maximum 20 stone
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Exeter - Honiton (1.5 mile circuit)
• Hampshire - Aldershot (1.2 mile circuit)
• Leicestershire - Mallory Park (1.2 mile circuit)
• Leicestershire - Prestwold Driving Centre (1.7 mile circuit)
• Northamptonshire - Rockingham Raceway ( 1.7 mile circuit)
• Oxfordshire - Great Tew Circuit ( 0.9 mile circuit)
• Yorkshire - Elvington (1.6 mile circuit)
Please note all circuit lengths are approximate