A Land Yachting Experience
• Choose from a shared experience or a one yacht experience
• The course lasts two hours
• Welcome and safety briefing
• You will form part of a group with a maximum instruction ratio of 6:1
• Safety helmets and gloves are provided
• For the shared experience two people will be using one yacht
What Can I Expect
Here's your chance to harness the wind in style ! These two-hour land yachting experiences will see you making the most of the immeasurable power of the wind, as you speed up and down the superb fields of Kent.
Set in the perfect location for land yachting, this day out will definitely get your heart pumping and the wind blowing your hair as you zip along the super fast field based course. This exhilarating sport, also known as sand-yachting or land-sailing, will see you using a sail to control where you go and your speed (and remember, land yachts don't have brakes, but you will be taught all the essentials like controlling the thing!).
All the top of the range gear is provided on site, so there is no paying for any extras. And in fact, you can choose whether you want to share a land yacht and go relay style, or if you want a vessel each and go head to head out there.
After a full safety briefing, it's your chance to show what you're made of . The first thing you'll actually be taught is how to stop. Once this pivotal skill has been mastered, you will then move on to negotiate the figure of eight circuit so you can begin to learn how to turn left and right and even link your turning to then progress to slaloming smoothly in your good 'ship'.
As your land yachting skills improve, it's time to move on to longer and even more challenging circuits. All the instructors are fully trained and qualified professionals, who will teach you manoeuvres like the luff turn and maybe even a gybe turn, which, when you crack it, will literally blow you away!
This exciting land yachting experience is your chance to take in a truly unique adrenaline thrill on a set course near New Romney in Kent. The palpable buzz of controlling these swift land yachts will last with you for a long time and will make you want to come back as you crave the need for speed on those windswept sands!
• Selected Tuesdays and Fridays throughout the year, subject to availability
• The activity is dependent on appropriate weather conditions
• Weekend and Bank Holiday upgrades are available at a charge of £10.00 per person, payable upon booking
• Minimum age is 16
• Maximum weight is 16 stone (102Kg)
• You will need to be reasonably agile to get into the craft
• No previous experience is required
• Warm, waterproof clothing is advised in poor weather
• Upon booking your course the supplier may send you some pre course information to help make the most of your time in the Land Yachts
• Pupils will be required to sign a disclaimer before they start
• Spectators are very welcome to come and watch, the surrounding area offers a variety of seaside attractions
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Free parking is available at Lydd Airport next to the land yachting location
• There are onsite toilets and food and drink can be purchased
• Romney Marsh, TN29 within easy reach of Ashford, Folkestone and the M20
• To ensure the best land yachting conditions and safety these activities take place on an inland field course and not on the beach