• Your flight will last around 30 minutes
• Flight times are quoted 'chock to chock', ie. from when the plane starts to taxi, to when it switches off at the end of the lesson
• Preflight briefing with your pilot
• Some schools will also include a personalised certificate
What Can I Expect
Chocks away for a full range of cheap flying lessons around the UK! Become master of the skies with affordable 30 minute flights at a range of nationwide venues and get a taste for piloting over some of the most stunning locations in the country.
If you’ve ever dreamed of flying your own plane, then these cheap half-hour flying lessons are a low-cost way to get your first taste of cockpit success. Each session includes a safety talk, where your pilot will explain the basic techniques for flying a plane. They’ll be in charge for the first part of your lesson, but once you’re safely up in the air you’ll get the chance to take over the yoke and pedals to fly the plane yourself!
The light aircraft you’ll be using depends on the airfield and flying school that you opt for, but all of our cheap lessons offer the chance to fly modern, well-maintained two seater aeroplanes including Pipers and Cessnas. All are well-known popular models for beginners and all can be found at our UK flying venues. They offer a cheaper alternative to some of the larger aircraft, which often incur higher lesson prices due to increased operating costs.
These 30-minute trial lessons provide a thrilling introduction to flying cheaply and, due to the range of airfields on offer, are accessible too. You can opt to take to the skies near your home, or maybe incorporate this inexpensive yet unforgettable flying experience into a UK holiday. Each half-hour jaunt gives you the opportunity to begin learning a totally new skill, offering exceptional value for money. And as they’re suitable for anyone over the age of 14 (although some weight restrictions can apply) they’re an unusual present for birthdays or special occasions.
They’re also a cost-effective way of finding out if becoming a pilot is something you’d be interested in. If that’s the case, then it’s worth knowing that your flying lesson counts towards your air hours should you opt to pursue a PPL (Private Pilot License).
So why not give someone you love the gift of flight and let them spread their wings over the breath-taking countryside of the UK with our cheap flying lessons? We’re sure that any would-be high flyers are sure to love the challenge these best value lessons offer.
• Weekends and weekdays throughout the year
• Flights are weather dependent
• Although time slots are allocated please be aware that aircraft lessons are subject to a number of factors which may potentially cause delay to your scheduled time. Whilst every effort will be made to help keep you on time we ask for a degree of latitude owing to the nature of flying, air traffic delays and weather considerations
• Minimum age for a lesson is 14 years old
• Minimum height is 4'6"
• Maximum 6'4"
• Maximum weight of 14 stone
• Please bring two forms of identity including a photo id, e.g. a passport
• Flight lessons are all at Civil Aviation Authority approved clubs
• Friends and family are welcome to come and watch the take off and landing
• Flight schools offer different levels of facilities, however most have a clubhouse
• Most venues have toilets, viewing areas and refreshments
Another amazing gift idea from IntotheBlue
Anything Else I Need To Know?
30 Minute Flying Lesson - Selected Venues £79
• Co Durham, Darlington
• Essex, North Weald
• Hampshire, Southampton
• Lincolnshire, Grantham**
• Nottinghamshire, near Worksop
• Oxfordshire, Bicester*
• Oxfordshire, Chipping Norton*
• Powys, Welshpool **
30 Minute Flying Lesson - Nationwide Venues £95
• In addition to the above flights are also valid for use at the following locations
• Cambridge, Peterborough
• East Sussex, Lewes **
• Essex, Clacton
• Essex, Romford
• Hampshire, Micheldever**
• Lancashire, Blackpool
• Leicestershire, Lutterworth*
• Lincoln, Langworth
• North Devon, Umberleigh**
• Nottinghamshire, Gamston
• Northamptonshire, Turweston
• Northumberland, Morpeth**
• Oxfordshire, Abingdon*
• South Yorkshire, Doncaster
• Staffordshire, Burton on Trent
• Surrey, Camberley**
• Warwickshire, Warwick
• Yorkshire, Beverley
* Powered glider aircraft. If conditions allow part of the flight can include a demonstration of gliding if requested
** Modern lightweight 2 seater aircraft which are technically classified as microlights
• Please note locations are subject to change