• 30 minute trial flying lesson at your choice of location
• All experiences include a welcome and pre-flight briefing
• Once airborne you will get the chance to take control yourself
• Flight times are quoted 'chock to chock', ie. from when the plane starts to taxi, to when it switches off at the end of the lesson
• Some schools will also include a personalised certificate
What Can I Expect
Chocks away for a full range of cheap flying lessons around the UK! Become master of the skies with affordable 30 minute flights at a range of nationwide venues, piloting a plane over some of the most stunning locations in the country.
If you’ve ever dreamed of flying your own plane, then these best value half-hour flying lessons are a low-cost way to get your first taste of cockpit success. Each session includes a safety talk, where your pilot will explain the basic techniques for flying a plane. Once you’re safely up in the air, you’ll get the chance to take over the yoke and pedals to fly the plane yourself!
The light aircraft you’ll be using depends on the airfield and flying school that you opt for, but all of our low-priced lessons offer the chance to fly modern, well-maintained two seater aeroplanes including Pipers and Cessnas. They offer a much cheaper alternative to larger aircraft, which often incur higher lesson prices due to increased operating costs.
Your flight gives you the opportunity to begin learning a totally new skill as well as offering exceptional value for money. As they’re suitable for anyone over the age of 14 (although some weight restrictions can apply) they make for a great present for birthdays or special occasions. And with a wide range of locations around the UK, there’s bound to be an airfield near you offering these affordable flight lessons.
They’re also a cost-effective way of finding out if becoming a pilot is something you’d be interested in. If that’s the case, then it’s worth knowing that your flying lesson counts towards your air hours should you opt to pursue a PPL (Private Pilot Licence).
So why not give someone you love the gift of flight and let them spread their wings over the breath-taking countryside of the UK with our cheap flying lessons? We’re sure that any would-be high flyers are sure to love the challenge these best value lessons offer.
Want longer in the air? Then take a look at our 60-minute flying lessons available nationwide too.
• Weekends and weekdays throughout the year
• Flights are weather dependent and subject to availability
• Although time slots are allocated please be aware that aircraft lessons are subject to a number of factors which may potentially cause delay to your scheduled time. Whilst every effort will be made to help keep you on time we ask for a degree of latitude owing to the nature of flying, air traffic delays and weather considerations
• Minimum age for a flying lesson is 14 years old
• Under 18s must be accompanied on the airfield by an adult
• Height restrictions: minimum 4ft 6ins, maximum 6ft 4ins
• Maximum weight of 14 stone (take a look at lessons in four seater aircraft for higher weight limits)
• Please bring two forms of identity including a photo id, e.g. a passport
• Flight lessons are all at Civil Aviation Authority approved clubs
• Friends and family are welcome to come and watch the take off and landing
• Flight schools offer different levels of facilities, however most have a clubhouse
• Most venues have toilets, viewing areas and refreshments
Another amazing gift idea from IntotheBlue
Anything Else I Need To Know?
30 Minute Flying Lesson - Selected Venues £89
• Bedfordshire, Sandy - Little Gransden Airfield (M)
• Berkshire, Hungerford - Membury Airfield (M)
• Co Durham, Darlington - Durham Tees Valley Airport
• Essex, North Weald - North Weald Airport
• Hampshire, Bishops Waltham - Lower Upham Airfield (M)
• Kent, near Rochester - Stoke Airfield (M)
• Lincolnshire, Grantham - Saltby Airfield (M)
• Northamptonshire, Brackley - Turweston Aerodrome
• Northumberland, Morpeth - Eshott Airfield (M)
• Nottinghamshire, near Worksop - Netherthorpe Airfield
• Oxfordshire, Abingdon (M)
• Oxfordshire, Chipping Norton - Enstone Aerodrome (G)
• Powys, Welshpool, Mid-Wales Airport (M)
• South Yorkshire, Doncaster - Robin Hood Airport
• Suffolk, Beccles - Beccles Airfield (M)
• Surrey, Camberley, Blackbush Airport (M)
• Swindon, Shrivenham (G)
30 Minute Flying Lesson - Nationwide Venues £99
In addition to the venues listed above vouchers are also valid for the following:
• Bristol - Bristol International Airport
• Cambridge, Peterborough - Peterborough Business Airfield
• East Sussex, Lewes - Deanland Airfield (M)
• East Yorkshire, Beverley - Beverley Airfield
• Essex, Clacton on Sea - The Airfield
• Essex Stapleford Tawney - Stapleford Aerodrome
• Lancashire, Blackpool - Blackpool Airport
• Leicestershire, Lutterworth - Husbands Bosworth Airfield (G)
• Lincoln, Langworth - Wickenby Aerodrome
• North Devon, Umberleigh - Eaglescott Airfield (M)
• North Lincolnshire, Kirmington - Humberside Airport
• North Wales, Llanbedr, Llanbedr Airfield
• Staffordshire, Burton on Trent - Tatenhill Airfield
• Warwickshire - Wellesbourne Mountford Aerodrome
• West Midlands, Stourbridge - Halfpenny Green Airport
(G) Powered glider aircraft. If conditions allow part of the flight can include a demonstration of gliding if requested
(M) Modern lightweight 2 seater aircraft which are technically classified as microlights
• Please note locations are subject to change