Traditional powerboats, ribs or zapcat inflatable race boats - whichever experience you choose you’re going to be riding the high seas! These vessels boast superb power and handling, making them great fun to whizz across the water on. All of the watercraft featured in this section are motor-powered, so you won't be relying on the wind to take you, it's more a case of full throttle and away we go!
No time to drop anchor and admire the view, these powerboat experiences are all about whipping up a frenzy out on the open waters beyond Britain's coastline or on inland freshwater lakes and rivers. All you have to decide is what sort of zapcat or powerboat session you fancy, as we have everything from a quick blast around the bay and high speed rides, right through to RYA certificated courses so you can hire self-drive boats to hit the high seas from marinas around the world. Read more...
• A thrilling ride in a totally unique Seabreacher • This is a semi-submersible jet-powered watercraft • Ride on and in the waters around Victoria Docks • Reach speeds of up to 60mph on & 40mph in the water
• Drive a high performance inflatable catamaran boat • Discover the speed & handling of the Thundercat • Around 15 minutes of driving time for each person • Head out to the unrestricted waters of the Solent
• Ride on both a RIB and a luxury motor cruiser boat • Experiences set sail from Ocean Village in Southampton • Cruise along in-land waters, then speed on the sea • Mid-sea changeover to experience both boats
• RYA certificated powerboat courses in Scotland • One day out on the waters of Dumfries & Galloway • Possibility to include two nights' accommodation • Bed, breakfast & dinner with picnic included too
• 'Break the Barrier' in a super fast speedboat • Enjoy a 40mins speedboat boat ride along the Thames • Sets off from St Katharine Pier at Tower Bridge • A crew of two (skipper & guide) to look after you
Powerboats - no longer the domain of the rich and famous only, with these zapcat, ribs, catamaran and race boat experiences you too can go power boating on and over the waves. We have a real mix of activities here for you. Some use actual race boats that are competing in current championships such as the Honda series.
Other power boating experiences featured here are a more leisurely affair, with things like trips out on big Sunseeker leisure cruisers. Then there are the madcap RIB tours on rivers where you’ll all have your hands in the air as you go zipping across the water. Now that’s what we call extreme sightseeing.
Make no mistake,if you launch in long-hull type of race-prepared vessel, you’re not going for the sightseeing, it's all about playing the role of co-pilot. You literally take the hull out of the water as you bounce along, skimming the water's surface. Perhaps just as well you'll be dressed up in the full racing suit and helmet too - it's going to be a thrilling ride.
However, we do have a rather fine flotilla of motor boats that you can skipper yourself. Some of these may be onboard RIB (Rigid Inflatable Boats), others are your slick racers and we even have double-hull superboats too. In all cases, you'll be accompanied as you drive so you can make the most of your time at the helm.
Get an RYA power boating qualification on longer experiences
If you want to learn more boating skills, we can highly recommend the power boating courses. Over two days you will get to grips with everything from 'holding station', coming alongside in a harbour, high speed figures of eight, 'man overboard' retrieval exercises and even knot tying and learning about anchors. At the end of these all-encompassing sessions you'll be qualified to take a powerful motor boat out all by yourself!
Whether it's a Jet Viper, a RIB, a Zego, a Zap Cat or a Thunderbolt, these powerboats are superb fun. As you cruise out of the marina at slow speed you will be just itching to get out onto unrestricted waters so you can open her up, get the spray flying and the hull lifting with the sea salty air filling your lungs. Truly thrilling!