• Climbed the 143 steps to the top of the steel tower
• Take the plunge and jump 150ft to the ground
• Music, lights, dry ice and a scary drop
What Can I Expect
Indoor bungee jumping in semi-darkness? It sounds crazy enough, but add in whirling spotlights, swirling clouds of dry ice and pounding rock music and it’s stark, staring bonkers! This extraordinary venue has a steel structure towering 150ft to jump from – almost as high as Nelson's Column –except that it all takes place in the steel city of Sheffield!
As you climb the 143 steps to the jump zone, your heart pounds as music pumps out of a wall of speakers and seven huge video screens project images around you, showing what you are about to do. No time to back out now, you're being winched up ready for the jump of your life!
It's then time to take the plunge and as you tumble 150ft towards the ground...and you realise that you’ve trusted your life to nothing more than an elastic band! We reckon this has got to be the UK's scariest adrenaline experience. This spectacular location in a gigantic former steel works has plenty of room for spectators and is within easy reach of the M1 and both Sheffield and Rotherham.
The design and effects at this venue were once described as "a disorientating attack on the senses” and it definitely creates a unique bungee experience. But although it was designed for fun and thrills, safety is also built in. The whole shebang is operated under strictly defined safety rules, including specifications for all equipment, qualifications of operators and procedures. There is two of everything vital, including the harness and every detail is double checked before you leap.
More adrenaline-filled bungee experiences on our main
bungee jumping page but for the more faint hearted, we've a great selection of alternative
experiences on IntotheBlue's home page.
• Jumps take place on selected Saturdays throughout the year
• Minimum age 14
• Jumpers under the age of 16 will require a parent or guardians permission and signature
• Customers 50 years and above should seek medical advice prior to their event to ensure there is no medical reason for them not to participate
• The maximum weight limit is 18.12 stone
• There are no height restrictions
• If you are not in good health you should NOT jump
• Alcohol - if you appear intoxicated you cannot jump
• Please inform the operator if you are taking any form of medication
• Glasses and hard contact lenses cannot be worn
• Boots may need to be removed when jumping
• If you have any of the following conditions you should seek medical advice before jumping; high blood pressure, heart condition, suffer from dizziness or epilepsy, damage to neck, back, spinal column, legs or eyes, asthma, pregnancy
• If you suffer from any of the above but have been given a doctors certificate, you will be requested to sign a non standard waiver. Please read it carefully.
• Are welcome and encouraged to bring a camera!
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Photographs and merchandise are available to purchase with prices from £15
• The Abyss at Magna, located at the Magna Science Adventure Centre in Rotherham