• Helicopter sightseeing tour
• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• You may be joining three other passengers in the helicopter
• An aerial tour of the Goodwood Eastate, including Goodwood House, Goodwood Racecourse, The Kennels, Goodwood Golf Course, the Goodwood Motor Factory, Rolls Royce Factory and Tangmere Airfield
• 10 minute tour, covering 15-17 miles
Beaches & Bays Tour
• As well as views of the Goodwood Estate as above you will get an aerial tour of the coastline including Witterings Beaches, Chichester Harbour, Chichester Marina and views across the Solent.
• 20 minute tour, covering 25-30 miles
Towers and Tall Ships
• Fly over the South Downs and the South Coast
• Fly over Chichester Harbour and Marina, flying along the South Coast between Witterings and Hayling Island, before turning towards Portsmouth and the Spinnaker Tower. Pass over the Historic Portsmouth harbour, HMS Victory, HMS Warrior and the Mary Rose Museum
• Amazing views of Goodwood Racecourse, Goodwood House and the Motor Racing Circuit
• 30 minute tour, covering approximately 50 miles
What Can I Expect
See the seaside sights from the air on these helicopter rides from Sussex! These tours set off from the capital of speed itself - Goodwood. They'll take you on a whistle-stop aerial expedition around the stunning West Sussex coastline.
We have a number of different helicopter rides for you, starting with the Goodwood Gallop. This local Sussex tour gives you wonderful bird’s eye views of all those Goodwood landmarks. We’re talking the racecourse, the country house, the estate, the kennels and the motor racing circuit.
Flying further afield, the Sussex Towers & Tall Ships will see you delving into maritime history and hovering right over some of the finest stately homes too. Cruising at around 1500ft, you’ll be privy to a unique viewpoint from which to admire these incredible landmarks.
Passing over Chichester Harbour and Marina, you get to fly along the coast then turning towards Portsmouth and the iconic Spinnaker Tower. Then it’s famous vessels all around as you look down on HMS Victory, HMS Warrior and the Mary Rose museum, before seeing the likes of Portsdown Hill forts and Uppark House from the air.
The Beaches & Bays helicopter ride will take you over the picturesque Sussex coastline. You’ll be able to glance down at surfers catching waves, boats gently jostling together in their moorings and dog walkers ambling along the coast. Raise your eyes and look out across the Solent and you’ll see Portsmouth and the Isle of Wight beyond. As you skirt the shoreline, peer into inlets, coves and harbours too.
Your flight path for these thrilling coastal rides takes you past Selsey Bill on the headland of the local peninsula and out towards Witterings Beach, a splendid stretch of sands popular with locals and tourists alike, before heading to Chichester Harbour, a marina designated one of Sussex’s Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
All rides are in executive helicopters and all take off from Goodwood Aerodrome in West Sussex. As well as your specific itinerary, the Beaches & Bays and Towers & Tall Ships tours will give you excellent views of the Goodwood Estate, House and racecourse, the rolling South Downs and the pretty countryside all around you too.
We think these helicopter rides over Sussex offer the perfect combination of sea, sand surf and stately homes to create a very memorable airborne experience.
• Sightseeing tours take place in selected weekday and weekend dates, subject to availability
• Maximum weight 18 stone
• Minimum age 3, You must be tall enough to be able to occupy your own seat
• Under 10s must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Friends and family are welcome to come and watch you take off and land from the clubhouse lounge which offers views across the airfield
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Flights will depart from Goodwood Aerodrome in Chichester, West Sussex.
Alternatively we do have very wide selection of quality
experience days available at most venues throughout the UK, no matter where you live, there's always something exciting to do near to you.