• A Top Gun Air Combat Mission in a T67 Firefly
• Ground briefing is approximately 40 minutes and includes all safety/parachute procedures
• After a formation take off you'll be doing most of the flying as you learn the effects of aircraft controls and aerobatic manoeuvres. Then it's time for air combat against your opponent
• Fights are approximately 45 minutes long
• Total duration for experiences is between 2-3 hours
• Debrief including the amount of g pulled, a review of the air combat results
• Signed flight certificate
• Opportunity to purchase a USB recording of your flight (around £49)
• Choose the two person option and you opponent will be your friend or partner!
What Can I Expect
Release your inner ‘Maverick’ flying hero with one of our Top Gun experiences in West Sussex! Fly sky-high with the best of them and show the world you’ve got what it takes to become a Top Gun graduate during a real-life plane-on-plane combat flight.
On these thrilling Top Gun experiences your ex-military pilot will show you the ropes and get you up in the air, but then it’s down to you to defeat your opponent for the day in a thrilling dogfight in total Top Gun style. You'll certainly look the part, as you’ll be kitted out in full military flying gear. You’ll even be encouraged to choose a call-sign for the day, so are you a Maverick or an Iceman? Or a new aviator on the block?
Budding Top Gunners will also meet your opponent for the day – the person you’ll be trying to ‘bring down’ when the action truly begins. And if you opt for the Top Gun experience for two voucher, you could be facing off against each other in those mean skies above Goodwood!
Your aerial mission starts off with a pre-flight briefing in the ground school classroom, explaining how these agile T67 Firefly military trainer aircraft work. There’ll also be a session on emergency procedures, such as deploying your parachute. And as this is likely to be your first aerobatic flying experience, the stunts will be discussed in detail.
Then it’s out to the plane itself, where your pilot will brief you on the cockpit controls. Finally, it’s time to get airborne. What makes these Top Gun flights unique is that both Fireflys will take off at the same time. It’s then immediately into a formation climb and a few practice moves, before you break into serious combat mode, as you take part in the head to head air combat with the aim of 'shooting down' your ‘enemy’. Give chase and try to score a direct hit, before returning to base to find out who won the battle of the skies.
All flying sessions end with a debrief, where you’ll find out how much G-force you managed to achieve, as well as the outcome of your aerial contest. A Top Gun experience gives you everything – the speed, the power and the thrill. Aerobatic flying has never been so extreme. For something a little less dramatic, why not consider one of our more laid-back flying lessons at venues nationwide?
• Flights take place most Fridays and Saturdays, March to October inclusive
• Additional days are available if you book as a pair (shooting down a friend is really satisfying)
• Minimum age 12, over 71's will need a doctors confirmation that you are fit to fly, and take part in this experience
• Maximum weight is 17 stone, maximum height is 6'5"
• You will be required to complete a medical self certification form before flying
• Light flat shoes with good grip must be worn - trainers are ideal
• You will be kitted out with genuine military flying suits - please wear comfortable casual clothes to go underneath
• Changing facilities are limited
• Cameras are not allowed on board the aircraft
• Participants are welcome to bring up to two guests who may attend all briefings (subject to space)
• Additional guests are allowed, however, they may not be accommodated in the crew room
• It is not recommended to bring children to the airfield
• Refreshments are provided for flyers
• There is a restaurant on site which serves excellent food
• Aerobatic flights do not take place over the airfield, but spectators will be able to watch take off and landing of the aircraft
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Goodwood Aerodrome near Chichester