• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• 20 minute plane ride taking in the amazing views of Cornwall
• Tandem experiences use a dual harness and you jump attached to an instructor
• Enjoy the sensation of freefall - 0-120mpgh in 10 seconds!
• The instructor opens your parachute at around 5,000ft
• Enjoy around 5 minutes under canopy with views of the local area and beyond
• Tandem jump certificate
AFF Level 1 Course
• Six hours of ground training covering all you need to know to complete your skydive
• Open and land your own parachute from 10,000ft, accompanied but not attached to, two expert instructors
• Debrief with instructors
What Can I Expect
Skydive in Cornwall where you have the Atlantic Ocean on one side and the English Channel on the other! Pluck up the courage to do an accelerated freefall or tandem skydive in Cornwall and you’ll be treated to amazing coastal views. This is skydiving Cornish style and it all happens at Perranporth Airport between St Agnes and Newquay and Bodmin Airfield.
We are offering two types of skydive with this Cornwall school. The most accessible is the tandem, where you’re harnessed together with an instructor. After exiting the plane at 10,000ft, you lap up your 10 seconds of absolute freefall, before the parachute is deployed and you float back down to earth, admiring those Cornish views above Perranporth as you go.
Minimum training is required for the tandem at Perranporth, whereas for the AFF (Accelerated Free Fall) course there's a full day of ground teaching that takes place at Bodmin Airfield, before you jump. You will actually be jumping solo, but with one or two instructors at your side in the air to correct your body position and assist with your thrilling first jump in what is known as ‘Harness Hold Training’.
For tandem jumpers at Perranporth, you’ll soon see the airstrip occupies an envious position right on the Perranporth clifftops. As if the location wasn’t stunning enough already, this Cornish parachute school secured the right to use the beach as an actual active drop zone in 2015 - how mad is that? What’s more, it’s the only beach DZ in the whole country. That privilege is only reserved for skilled solo jumpers though, so you will be landing on the clifftop drop zone.
For accelerated free fallers over in Bodmin, once again, the airfield boasts a pretty special backdrop, as you’ll be jumping into the North Cornwall skies right above the picturesque Bodmin Moor.
But no matter where your DZ (that’s skydiver lingo for drop zone) will be for your jump, you’re sure to get incredible views as you sit in the crew plane for the nerve-wracking 20 minute flight to your jump altitude. Maybe the wonderful aerial panoramas of the blue, blue sea and the beaches will calm your nerves, or maybe you’ll prefer not to look and just listen to the words of encouragement from skydiving instructor instead!
As you can imagine, both forms of skydive at this Cornwall DZ boast high thrills. Then there are the amazing vistas of the Atlantic Ocean as you feel the rush of air in your face, whilst you free fall through the sky. What we love most about this school (apart from the setting!) is the fact that it is a family run concern, with instructors who have clocked up in excess of 22,000 jumps - including being the first trio to jump Everest!
• Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays throughout the year
• Dates are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Minimum age 16 (parental consent needed for age 16/17)
• Weight restrictions: max 15 stone (95kgs)
• Spectators are welcome to come along and watch the action
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• DVDs and/or photographs of your skydive can be purchased when making your booking for an additional charge
• Perranporth Airfield, Saint Agnes, Cornwall
AFF Level 1
• Bodmin Airfield, Bodmin, Cornwall