• Drive a 2013 Shelby GT500
• Welcome introduction and safety briefing
• 3 or 6 miles driving the Mustang Shelby
• Allow up to one hour on site for this experience
• Engine: 5.8L Supercharged V8
• Horsepower: 620 bhp
• Torque: 631 lb.- ft
• 0-60mph: 3.5 seconds
• Top speed: 202 mph
What Can I Expect
On this fantastic Shelby Mustang drive experience you’re going to be feeling the need for speed! Liveried up just like the star of the 2014 film 'Need for Speed', this 2013 Shelby Mustang GT500 has got power and charisma in bucketloads. Let’s see if you can handle this all-American brute of a car on the track.
The stats for this Shelby Mustang speak for themselves. A 5.8l supercharged V8 engine, 662bhp, 0-60mph in 3.5 seconds and a near warp-speed maximum of 202mph. Put simply, when Ford released this beast it was the fastest production car out there. And quite possibly the loudest.
Sitting next to European supercars, the Mustang is immense. The styling is as bold, brash and roguish as you’d expect from our motoring cousins across the Atlantic. Inside there’s a well-laid out dash and the low-slung bucket seats to give you a reassuring hug when you're hurtling into hairpins at some considerable speed.
But the rear windows are tiny, making the driver’s view pretty limited. And the rear seats are pretty much unusable, as they are way too cramped for adults. But that’s not the point of this car. The Shelby Mustang was built to be driven. It’s raw, throaty and bold just how we like ‘em.
When it’s your turn to have your Tobey Marshall moment (the street racer star of ‘Need for Speed’ played by Aaron Paul in the film), slide into the driver’s seat and take a moment. This Shelby Mustang GT500 is such a powerful car. Yes, the steering is heavy, the gear changes can be clunky and the pedals are pretty hefty too, but it’s just epic.
With those distinctive double air intakes and wide twin blue stripes, you can’t miss this shimmering silver vision of the modern American pony car as it throatily passes you on the track. We are offering three and six-mile Shelby Mustang drives for your sheer and utter pleasure, available at a whole host of race tracks near you.
• Selected weekday dates throughout the year, subject to availability
• Sessions are available from 08:30 to 15:30
• Upgrades to include weekends are available for £25 payable when booking your date
• Minimum age 17
• A full UK driving licence is required
• Under 18's must be accompanied by an adult
• Minimum height 4ft 5ins
• This is not suitable if you have suffered back, neck or knee problems
• Spectators are welcome to come and watch
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• All drivers on the day will have the option to pay a non-refundable £25 damage waiver which will cover them against any damage that may be caused to the vehicle(s) in the event of an incident
• Drivers who do not wish to take this waiver will need to sign a disclaimer and will need to be able to cover the cost on the day for any damage to the vehicle up to a maximum amount of £5000. Credit card details will need to be provided with £5000 limit or above for this reason. Debit cards are accepted however please be aware a pre-authorisation applies to debit cards to check funds are available
• Most venues are airfield style circuits with large run off areas
• Abingdon Airfield, Oxfordshire
• Bovington, Wareham, Dorset
• Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground, Leicestershire
• NAEC Stoneleigh, Warwickshire
• Norfolk Gliding Club
• Perranporth Airfield, Cornwall (Annual Event)
• Honnington, Suffolk
• Tockwith, North Yorkshire
• Three Sisters, Wigan
** Premium MSA race track £35 supplement applies, payable direct
* Weekend upgrade £25
• Castle Combe** Adults only
• Blyton Park, Lincolnshire*
• Dunsfold Airfield, Surrey**
• All locations are subject to change