• A one hour segway experience
• Full safety briefing before getting on a segway
• Participate in a training session before you head out to test your skills
• Helmets and knee and elbow pads are provided
• You may be part of a group
What Can I Expect
If you're looking for Segway days out at venues the length and breadth of the country, you've come to the right place! Whether you're going to be Segwaying solo or with a partner, your day out is going to give you an hour of sensational Segway riding.
Back in the day when these Segway days originally landed on the Into the Blue new activity desk, we had no idea what that were all about. Now we have a full range of popular venues from Kent to Edinburgh offering Segway rides all year round. We could waffle on about the physics of how they actually work, but let's leave the science and just go Segwaying instead!
So, what does a day out spent on a Segway involve? Well, first up you will be welcomed at the Events Pod by the Segway staff. As it's probably the first time you'll have ridden on one of these machines, there's a safety briefing and initiation session. In a cordoned off area, you'll be shown how to ride your very own Segway using the handlebar controls. Using the 'Leansteer' method, you'll find they are highly manoeuvrable and you can even turn them on their own axis to go spinning round and round on the spot.
All experiences use the x2 Segway, which is a purpose-built model designed to be super-rugged and robust. Not only are the transporters especially equipped for off roading, you will be too, as all operators supply helmet, knee and elbow pads on the day for each budding Segway pilot
Once everyone is feeling at ease, you will head out on your trek. Depending on where you choose for your day out, you could be Segwaying along the grounds of magnificent country houses, over the rolling hills and dips of the countryside, whizzing through dense forest trails or around tranquil lakes. And there are unique locations too. The Segway tour in Kent is around a Site of Special Scientific Interest at Mote Park, whilst segwaying in Edinburgh sees you tackling the paths around a national treasure; Newhailes Estate.
These are just a couple of the many locations we are offering for these Segway days out. We also have a whole host of voucher options for you too, including weekday deals for the best value and anytime packages for the most flexibility.
We think Segways are a fantastic way of offering days out to discover the delights of the British countryside in all its green and peaceful glory. Book your Segway days out now and remember, we've got Segways everywhere from Edinburgh to Kent, so there's bound to be a centre near you and there's no need to pick your venue now, you can do that when you reserve your date.
• Segway Thrills are valid for mid-week dates only, sessions run on selected dates, most often Mondays and Fridays*
• Segway Adventures can be used on weekdays and weekends
• All dates are subject to availability at your chosen location
* Upgrades to include weekend availability and longer sessions are available, payable when booking your date
• Not suitable during pregnancy, if you have epilepsy or heart disease or a predisposed medical condition
• Maximum weight limit of 18.4 stone (116.8kg)
• Minimum weight of 7.1 stone (45kg)
• Participants must be at least 134cm in height (4'5")
• You should not have consumed any alcohol or drugs prior to the event
• Spectators are welcome to come and watch, however, they may not always be able to see as the segway track could go out of view
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• You should wear casual clothing, including solid shoes/boots and no skirts
• Don't forget your gloves if it is a cold day
• All riders need to complete and sign a waiver before participating in the experience
• All riders under 18 require a parent/guardian to sign consent on the day
• Bristol: Kings Weston House
• Cambridge: Grafton Water
• Edinburgh: Vogrie Park, Midlothian
• Harrogate: Ripley Castle
• Kent: Mote Park, Maidstone
• London: Alexandra Palace
• London: Battersea Park
• London: Belhus Woods Country Park
• Manchester: Tatton Park, Knutsford
• Nottinghamshire: Thoresby Courtyard, Newark
• Tamworth: Cliff Lakes Waterpark
• Teeside: Preston Park Museum & Grounds, Stockton-on-Tees
• West Sussex: Tilgate Forest Golf Club, Crawley
• Windsor: Bray Lake Watersports, Maidenhead