• Yacht Sailing for up to four people for your chosen duration
• Welcome, sail plan and safety briefing with your crew for the trip
• Guidance and instruction on board under power and by sail
• As much hands on sailing as you would like to contribute
• Snacks and refreshments
• On board review after refreshment break of activities may suggest a relaxing sight seeing trip, racing practice or time trials
• Debrief and refreshments
What Can I Expect
All aboard for sailing on Windermere – what better way for op to four of you to discover the beauty of the Lake District than with this sumptuous sailing experience? See the spectacular local scenery from a whole new perspective as this elegant yacht plies the waters of the largest natural lake in England.
The 34ft luxury yacht Elana is moored at Bowness-on-Windermere, perfectly placed for exploring the stunning Lake District National Park from the water. First launched in 2010, Elana is capable of accommodating up to eight passengers and two crew, so there’s no shortage of space for you.
We are offering experiences that give you one, two or three hours of sailing on Lake Windermere and it’s your choice as to how hands-on you are – you can assist the skipper at the helm, hoist and lower the sails, or just sit back and enjoy some truly majestic views of Windermere and beyond. You could even decide to drop anchor in one of the secluded bays of the lake for a while and just chill. For the more adventurous, there is even the chance to practise some racing techniques, or do a timed trial on the longer sailing sessions.
Actual sailing aside, how about passing the time curled up on the plush lounge seating below deck or, if the weather is nice, enjoy watching the glistening waters of Windermere in the sunshine on the teak-decked bathing platform above? You might even fancy taking a dip in the lake using the built-in boarding ladder, before returning to deck to enjoy a nice hot shower. There is also a toilet, fridge and even a CD player on board, so if a short swim doesn’t appeal, you can always listen to some relaxing music as you bob gently along.
Before you board, there is a full safety briefing and the crew id always on hand to help if you choose to take an active role whilst on the yacht. This really is the perfect activity for anyone with a love of sailing and the Lake District is one of the top locations in the UK for water-based sports. Take some quality time out on the water with friends or family member and go sailing on Windermere to see one of the best-loved areas in the Lake District.
Whatever type of experience you are looking for or what you'd like to do for your special day, Intotheblue has a wide range of experience days available, try using our search facility too as it delivers accurate search results in seconds.
• Available on selected dates throughout the year
• Minimum age 5
• Each under 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Warm clothing suitable to the day should be worn with flat soled shoes
• Activity not suitable for spectators, but you can pay for additional passengers or a longer sailing duration directly with the supplier
• Lake Windermere, Lake District