• Full day rally experience
• Drive a rear wheel drive Subaru Impreza rally car
• Learn driving techniques used by professional rally drivers such as handbrake turns, Scandinavian flicks and powerslides
• Break for lunch (not included)
• More hands on driving in the afternoon, testing your skills
• Timed competition runs
• Pace notes will be introduced for your last practice drive before the competition against the clock!
• Co-driven by your instructor, you will be timed around the rally stage
• White knuckle passenger ride, driving by your experienced instructor
• Presentation of driver of the day award
• You will form part of a group of up to 8 participants
• Allow around 6 hours on site for this experience with approximately one hour personal drive time
• Refreshments are included
What Can I Expect
Get down to the nitty gritty of going sideways in a car on this rally driving experience in Worcestershire! Ex-RAF Honeybourne airfield near Evesham is the destination for a whole day of rallying, where the aim is to teach you all the skills of rally driving.
This full day of rallying in the heart of Worcestershire is a double delight of motoring fun. In the morning you get to grips with all the basic rally driver skills and in the afternoon you link it all together with some serious runs of the loose gravel rally stage.
And what car will be doing your rallying in? Well, it’s a rear wheel drive Subaru Impreza. Yes, you read that right. The all wheel drive superhero becomes a slippery rear wheel drive beast for your rally training. And indeed, you might start a little bit on the cautious side, as you get used to the power and handling of the Impreza, but with an expert instructor at your side, confidence builds with every lap. You’ll soon be hitting that braking point sweet-spot and accelerating out of the bend at that perfect moment too. All with the added spectacle of getting the wheels screeching.
All this in-car training is building up to a pretty neat last session in the afternoon. From a standing start, you’ll do a timed lap of the circuit, complete with pace notes from your co-driver, just like a proper rally stage. By now you should be pretty familiar with the track layout, so give it your all, pushing you and the car to the limit, without skidding or spinning out to see if you’ll be crowned driver of the day.
After you’ve completed your stints at the wheel, it’s time to experience rally driving in Worcestershire as performed by your instructor. You’ll be the one in the co-pilot seat this time, as you’re taken on a very, very high speed passenger lap of the very same circuit you’ve been tackling all day. And it feels ridiculously fast. But don't forget, you arrived as a rallying beginner and left as an accomplished pedaller with that steely determination and an eye for the ultimate racing line - more or less!
• Selected weekend dates throughout the year
• Dates are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Minimum age 14
• Under 16s must be accompanied on site by an adult
• A driving licence is not required for this experience
• Spectators are welcome to come along and watch the action
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Hot lap passenger rides are available for an additional charge payable on the day, subject to availability
• Refreshments and snacks can be purchased on site
• Honeybourne Airfield, Evesham, Worcestershire