• A 30 minute quad session
• Allow 1 hour on site for the whole experience
• Welcome introduction and safety briefing
• Practice session on the quads
• Time on the purpose built quad course
• You may form part of a group with up to 10 riders
What Can I Expect
Get set, ready and go zooming around the mud-caked trails when you take on quad biking in Staffordshire! The combination of powerful, unrestricted All Terrain Vehicles and a selection of purpose-built tracks, makes for an amazing day out for quad biking fans near Stoke on Trent.
We've seen this centre from the air and it's pretty impressive. Tucked away from civilisation (and noise abatement problems!) this farmland setting in Staffordshire is perfect for quad biking as its like having your own, very big playground to have fun in, with no neighbours ready to complain. There's a simple oval circuit to get you started, a zig-zagging obstacle course that tests your agility and concentration, as well as a criss-crossing trail that will tempt you to let rip on your ATV.
At this centre just outside Stoke on Trent your trusty metal four-wheeled stead will be a Kymco MXU quad bike. With a fearsome four stroke engine and fully automatic gear change, these bikes are fabulous to ride. They can actually be modified to be road legal, but there's none of that here, it's all about bumps, lumps, climbs and drops on this terrain that will test the suspension and tyres to the max.
Not that it gives any credibility, but we can confirm that Simon Cowell was spotted out in the Caribbean on a Kymco quad bike. And well, whilst Stafford isn't quite as sunny, we think the terrain is SO much better! What's the point in cruising the tarmac when you can be charging the crust and meddling in mud? We know which we'd choose.
In case this is your first time on a quad, the instructors will take you through the very simple controls of these bikes. You can then take one for a short spin around the paddock area to demonstrate you know what you're doing and then it's off to play havoc with the horsepower as you and your Kymco race around these exhilarating tracks.
A top tip: quad biking in Staffordshire is available all year round, so if you want as much mud and sludge as possible, late winter is a great time to book in. If you want to go fast, a nice dry summer's day will give you the grip to hit the throttle and make the most of the extensive quad biking offered at Stoke on Trent.
• Opening times from May-September are 8am to 8pm
• Opening times from October-April are 8am to 5pm
• Both weekday and weekend date are available
• No previous experience is required
• Minimum age requirement is 16 years
• Friends and family are welcome to come along and watch
• There are toilets on site
• Refreshments are available for a small charge
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• The centre is near Uttoxeter within easy reach of Stoke on Trent, Stafford and Derby