Half Day Workshop
• A half day lesson in photography specialising in close ups and macro
• Meet and greet session over tea or coffee with your instructor in the studio
• Learn techniques and practice your new skills
• Small tropical species will be your subjects
• Admission to the safari park
• You will form part of a small group of four participants
• Allow three hours for this experience
What Can I Expect
Hone your camera skills in incredible detail with this macro photography course! On these half day workshops you’ll learn how to capture the intricate details of small-scale subjects and discover the techniques and photography tricks that make macro imaging easy.
Rather appropriately, group sizes for these macro courses are kept mini (a maximum of four participants) to allow your skills to benefit from quality one-to-one time with the experienced macro photography tutor. During the workshop you’ll get hands-on arranging the composition and lighting for each shot, as well as learning about the best methods to enhance and clarify the detail and quality of your close-up photographs.
Working with photo experts specialising in macro elements of photography, each course allows you to see and photograph exotic and native animals in a relaxed and interesting way. With a range of sets, props and lighting options in the studio, you can capture the best of these amazing little creatures and impress family and friends with the skilful level of detail achieved in each shot.
All our macro photography workshops take place within Knowsley Safari Park and include entry to the park, enabling you to explore the wildlife wonders of this fascinating place. Courses are suitable for all abilities and if you’re completely new to the world macro photography then you can borrow equipment from the centre, including cameras and lenses.
All the animals you work with are acclimatised to being photographed and are used to contact with humans. Using small tropical species such as the colourful and expressive toads and frogs are great subjects to learn macro techniques with, as they boast incredible features when seen through a zoomed macro lens. You will even be shown the tips and tricks of 'sets' for the animals and how lighting and flash is critical for such photos.
These half day camera lessons are the perfect present for amateur snappers and those interested in advancing their skills in macro photography. Courses run throughout the year, making this a great gift for any occasion and the team of dedicated photo experts will ensure you receive the best instruction in a friendly and fun environment. So if you’d like to spice up your shutter skills, or zoom in close with some seriously detailed shots, then this is the macro workshop for you.
• Available on selected dates throughout the year
Half Day Workshop
• Morning and afternoon sessions are available 9am-12noon and 1pm-4pm
Full Day Workshop
• Arrival at 9am and departure at 3pm
• Minimum age 14
• All under 16's must be accompanied by a voucher holding adult
• There are no special clothing requirement as this course is held within the studio
• The course is suitable for most levels of photographic experience
• Good images may be achieved with macro lens
• Additional memory cards and fully charged batteries are recommended
• Guests may not join you on this experience but may purchase admission tickets to the Safari Park on the day
• Venue parking is 30m from the studio
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• The sessions are suited to customers using D-SLR cameras
• Canon and Nikon fit macro lenses are available to try out on the day if required
• The studio is equipped with necessary flash lighting but you may use your own
• There is MAC/PC download projection facilities
• Tripods are not necessary
• A specialized natural history macro studio workshop based in a wildlife park in Knowsley, Liverpool
• Public transport to the venue is good
• A mainline railway station is nearby