• The Become a Laird gift box includes a welcome letter explaining the gift, history on Dunans Castle, a souvenir poster and a laird (or lady) booklet – all presented in a luxury metal gift tin.
• After the gift has been registered the recipient and a guest will be entitled to a complimentary tour of Dunans Castle, lifetime access, a land ownership certificate, fishing rights to the Alt a Chaol Ghleann river within the grounds, use of Dunans' insignia, access to exclusive laird or lady stationary, your own laird or lady email address and a proof of title card.
What Can I Expect
Become a laird or lady in the Scottish Highlands and help preserve the natural habitat at the same time! To have your very own slice of wild Scottish countryside, you can buy a lordship with the title of Laird (that’s Scottish for Lord) or become a Lady with this novelty gift idea. There are plenty of people claiming Scottish titles for sale, but the idea behind this ‘Become a Scottish laird’ gift pack is to make everyone laugh and do some good for the Highlands in Scotland at the same time.
So how do you become a laird? Quite simply, as a landowner in Scotland, you have the right to call yourself a Lady or a Laird and to prove it, you will receive an ornate certificate detailing your land ownership and plot number, which you can place on your mantlepiece. You will also be sent a 'Proof of Title' card to verify that you have become a Scottish laird which will ensure you have all the credentials to Laird, or Lady it up in Scotland, whatever that means!
The land where you will buy your Lordship is in the grounds of Dunans Castle at Glendaruel on the Cowal Peninsula in Argyll and Bute. Your pack will feature directions to the land, which makes up the Laird's Retreat. What's more, as a genuine land owner thanks to this ingenious buy a lordship scheme, you are very much welcome to visit the peaceful Retreat and enjoy it. Imagine taking a picnic to eat in an area where you own a patch of land?
Behind this imaginative gift to become a laird, there's also a very good cause. The aim of putting up Scottish titles for sale as gifts is to be able to preserve this area of the Highlands as a completely natural habitat. The area is not treated or managed, so it is left to the wild, just as the native plants and animals like it, so when you become a Scottish laird, you'll be helping mother nature too. Note as this is in Scotland you won’t buy a lordship, but a lairdship, the scottish alternative, so there’s no point in trying to get into the House of Lords with the special card we’ll send you!
This novel become a laird gift is just one of over 800 gift ideas from experience gift specialist IntotheBlue. Please visit our main gifts section to see the huge range of activities and gift experiences suitable for all the family.
• Orders placed before 1pm from Monday to Friday will be posted the same day
• Delivery is within the UK only and does not include overseas
• Gift Box upgrades are not available for this product, it comes in a smart presentation box or packaging as standard
• When you buy a Lordship, the complimentary Dunans tour is valid for two adults and must be booked in advance
• Please note that restoration work may be in progress so there may be times when certain areas are closed
• Dunans reserves the right to alter or remove the tour without prior notice for technical, operational or other reasons and the Proof of Title card is neither refundable nor exchangeable
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• Dunans reserves the right to refuse entry onto the tour
• The supplier cannot be held responsible for any planned or unforeseen changes to Dunans
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Upon registering the gift you will own a piece of land in the grounds of Dunans Castle in Scotland