• Drive a Pontiac Trans Am similar to the iconic K.I.T.T
• Choose from a 3 or 6 mile experience
• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• Fully qualified instructors on hand throughout your experience
• Allow at least an hour on site
What Can I Expect
KITT the legendary Knight Rider car certainly needs no introduction. This revved up retro experience gives you the chance to play the role of Michael Knight, as you step into the cockpit of a Pontiac Trans Am similar to Knight Industries Two Thousand. That’s to say KITT, the enigmatic car with a voice (and a very dry wit) from that famous TV show starring David Hasselhoff.
And of course, everyone knows that despite the Hoff's attempts to hog the limelight with his leather blousons, open necked shirts and shades, KITT the car was the true star. Fans who dream of driving the Knight Rider car will know exactly what we mean when we say scanner bar on the bonnet, turbo boost, microwave jammer, tear gas launcher and flame throwers…
The car used in the Knight Rider show was based on a Pontiac Firebird Trans AM from General Motors like the one you'll be driving however KITT was fitted with a Knight 2000 processor developed by The Foundation, which made the car self-aware and capable of thinking, learning and even interacting with his human driver.
And yes, one of the things you all remember from Knight Rider is KITT's voice and sense of humour. Who can forget those classic conversations as our heroic duo drove along the means streets of Los Angeles? The chat was always sharp-witted, like when Michael says: "You're about as much fun as a divorce…which is not a bad idea" and KITT replies in an instant: "I want custody of me!”.
Of course, we this Pontiac Trans AM can't respond to any of your cheesy Hasselhof wisecracks with a killer one-liner. However it will make you feel like a true 1980s TV hero as you screech away from the pits.
You will be driving the Knight Rider style car on a private track well away from the public roads. So you will have plenty of room for accelerating down the tarmac pretending to chase KARR (remember him?). And to finish, one more legendary Knight Rider quip: 'Keep your scanners peeled, pal' … ‘Right away Michael'.
• Selected weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• Sessions are available from 08:30 to 15:30
• Dates and session times are subject to availability at your chosen location
• Minimum age 16
• Under 18's must be accompanied by an adult
• Minimum height 4ft 5ins
• No driving licence is required
• This is not suitable is you have back, neck or knee problems
• Spectators are welcome to come and watch
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• All drivers on the day will have the option to pay a non-refundable £25 damage waiver which will cover them against any damage that may be caused to the vehicle(s) in the event of an incident
• Drivers who do not wish to take this waiver will need to sign a disclaimer and will need to be able to cover the cost on the day for any damage to the vehicle up to a maximum amount of £5000. Credit card details will need to be provided with £5000 limit or above for this reason. Debit cards are accepted however please be aware a pre-authorisation applies to debit cards to check funds are available
• The vehicle used in this experience is an authentic Pontiac Trans Am however it was not used in the filming of Knight Rider and does not have all the features of the KITT car from the TV Series
• Most venues are airfield style circuits with large run off areas
• Abingdon Airfield, Oxfordshire
• Bicester Circuit, Oxfordshire
• Bovington, Wareham, Dorset
• Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground, Leicestershire
• NAEC Stoneleigh, Warwickshire
• Perranporth Airfield, Cornwall (Annual Event)
• Honington, Suffolk
• St Andrews, Leuchars
• Tibenham Circuit, Norfolk
• Tockwith, North Yorkshire
• Three Sisters, Wigan
** Premium MSA race track £35 supplement applies, payable direct
* Weekend upgrade £25
• Castle Combe** Adults only
• Blyton Park, Lincolnshire*
• Dunsfold Airfield, Surrey**
• All locations are subject to change