• Drive a 2010 Volvo FH460 truck with a 45ft Supercar Transporter behind you
• The truck will has automatic transmission
• Complete a lap of the lorry driving course with obstacles and reversing challenge
• Briefing and tuition from a professional lorry driver
• Approximately 15-20 minutes at the controls including a short in cab briefing
• You may form part of a small group of 3 and will spend up to 45 minutes in the lorry riding as a passenger when not driving
• Please allow approximately one hour on site for this experience
Truck & Supercar Combo
• In addition to your truck driving experience you will also drive one supercar of your choice for 3 miles
• Please allow between 3-5 hours on site for this experience
• Aston Martin
• Nissan GTR
• Audi R8
• Toyota Supra
• Nissan Skyline
• Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
• Mustang GT
• Ariel Atom
What Can I Expect
Climb up to the trucker's cab on this juggernaut experience and find out what it's like being King or Queen of the road! Get ready to drive a very fancy-looking Volvo truck around a private circuit, to give you a flavour of life on the road as a haulier.
The FH series from Volvo has been a best-selling truck for over two decades now. The trucks are powered by some of the most powerful engines on the market and they’re well-known in the haulage community for being reliable making them the ideal choice for long-haul journeys.
The 2010 Volvo FH460 you’ll be driving on this juggernaut experience boasts the revolutionary I-Shift automatic transmission, so now being a trucker is a whole lot easier, with no clutch to bother with. You literally put it into drive and the TMS (Transmission Management System) selects the gear to start you off in, displaying it on the dashboard in front of you. You might be surprised to see at this point that if you’ll not pulling lots of weight or on a slope, you can set off in something like fourth gear!
And as we have already hinted, this is not your average juggernaut that pounds the tarmac travelling up and down the country collecting and delivering goods every day, this Volvo rolls with a very expensive consignment onboard. It's hooked up to a very special supercar trailer, which is exactly the same as you see motorsport teams use at race events. It folds down and opens out to create a sort of mobile HQ for your team, with storage space for the cars and a workshop too.
Luckily, the trailer will be empty (just in case your first foray into juggernauting around the slalom track isn’t as smooth as you’d like). But it is still pretty impressive when you look in the wing mirror and see 45ft of shiny black trailer gleaming back at you. And talking of wing mirrors, there are plenty to choose from, with three on each door. As any seasoned trucker will tell you, with this many blind spots, it's all about constantly checking your mirrors when you're on the road and manoeuvring.
Despite all that length and weight onboard, once you're in the hot seat, you might be surprised at how light the steering on these juggernauts is. It actually doesn't feel that heavy or cumbersome at all to drive and you'll certainly be impressed at how well they accelerate!
Let's face it, we've all fancied having a go at being a trucker at some point in our lives. Perhaps not the traffic jams and driving in the torrential rain bits, but the freedom of the road and that super-high up view in the juggernaut has to be experienced at least once in your driving life!
• Juggernaut Experience: Selected weekday and weekend dates throughout the year
• Truck & Supercar Combo: Selected weekdays only
• You can upgrade your Truck & Supercar Combo to a weekend for £25 payable direct to the operator
• All dates and session times are subject to availability
• Sessions operate between 08:30 and 15:30
• This is a popular experience which may need to be be booked well in advance
• Minimum age 16
• Under 18's must be accompanied by an adult
• Minimum height 4ft 5ins
• No driving licence is required
• Spectators are welcome to come and watch from the trackside
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• All drivers on the day will have the option to pay a non-refundable £25 damage waiver which will cover them against any damage that may be caused to the vehicle(s) in the event of an incident
• Drivers who do not wish to take this waiver will need to sign a disclaimer and will need to be able to cover the cost on the day for any damage to the vehicle up to a maximum amount of £5000. Credit card details will need to be provided with £5000 limit or above for this reason. Debit cards are accepted however please be aware a pre-authorisation applies to debit cards to check funds are available
• Drive times are approximate and will vary depending on the drivers ability
• Cornwall - Perranporth Airfield
• Dorset - Bovington, Wareham
• Suffolk -Honington
• Leicestershire - Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground, Lutterworth
• Lincolnshire - Blyton Park (weekdays only) £25 supplement payable for weekends
• North Yorkshire - Tockwith Motorsports Centre
• Oxfordshire - Abingdon Airfield
• Surrey - Dunsfold Park (Premium MSA Race Track £35 upgrade fee payable)
• Warwickshire - NAEC Stoneleigh, Kenilworth
• Wigan - Three Sisters Race Circuit