• Meet and greet session with your pilot as well as a safety and instruction briefing
• Please allow 1.5-2 hours on site for these experiences
• The experience includes flying on land and over a water obstacle
• Take turns in a group of up to 6 people flying the hovercraft
• You will spend approx 8-10 minutes driving
• High-octane challenge perfect for competitive thrill seekers
• Competitive and high speed fun on the purpose built course with some challenging sections
• Team relay and solo speed challenge against the clock
• You will form part of a group of up to 12 participants
1:1 Hovercraft Adventure
• One to one instruction before kneeling inside the craft to try it out for yourself
• Total flying time on hovercraft adventures will be around 50 minutes after briefing
• Complimentary drinks for participants are included
What Can I Expect
It's all about the hovercraft in Leicester, with our one to one and shared sessions spent learning how to fly these mad machines! Once you’ve got the the hang of the basics, you will be jettisoning around the purpose built course near Market Harborough, whooping with delight!
Cruising above the mud is great fun in a hovercraft. We definitely recommend bringing a pair of waterproofs to protect you from what the experts call 'splash back' caused by the air-cushion vehicle floating just a few inches above the ground and making mud, dirt and water fly everywhere.
To pilot these unusual craft, you'll be perched in a kneeling position, so that you can use your weight to shift and control where you're going. As well as needing a good sense of balance, there's judgement and a good dose of forward thinking required. That’s because there’s just a throttle and rudder, but no brakes, so expect adventures abound when it comes to trying to slow down or stop.
Of course, you won't be just let loose on these hovers at this Leicester centre to cause a load of mischief, you will actually have a good deal of instruction and guidance too keep you on the right track.
By the time you get round to trying out modules like the slalom course, you'll have got a basic understanding of the controls of air-cushioned travel (we won't say mastered!) and you will be racing the hovercraft around this Leicestershire course at good speed. The idea is to avoid hitting the posts to score as many points as possible, hopefully making it across the water obstacle too.
Taster sessions give you a blast around the course with around 8-10 minutes of drive time. The Challenge experience is all about about testing your hovercrafting skills against the clock and your fellow hovercraft pilots too. And for a full-on experience, the one-to-one lessons give you a full hour at the helm. Book your time in a hovercraft in Leicester and get ready to fly on that cushion of air!
• Blast and challenge are generally available on selected weekend dates
• 1:1 experiences are available on most weekday and weekend dates throughout the year
• Minimum age of 14 years
• Maximum weight limit is 20 stone
• A good reasonable level of fitness is required
• All the necessary protective clothing suitable is provided
• Please note this is an outdoor activity so waterproof clothing is recommended
• Spectators are welcome to watch your hovercraft adventures
• Drinks and refreshments are available to purchase onsite
• There are viewing areas and toilet facilities available at this hovercraft racing UK venue
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• At a professional hovercraft racing UK site in Sibbertoft, near Husbands Bosworth in Leicestershire