• Your tour will last around 2 hours
• You will be led by a professional guide
• Visit the site where Ron, Harry and Hermione infiltrate the Ministry using polyjuice potion from the Deathly Hallows
• See the ticket barriers Arthur Weasley struggles to go through with Harry in Order of the Phoenix
• Pass the visitors' entrance to the Ministry of Magic from Order of the Phoenix
• Go under the bridge destroyed by the Death Eaters in Half Blood Prince
• See the locations used for The Leaky Cauldron in the Philosophers Stone and Prisoner of Azkaban
• You will need an Oystercard or a Travelcard for this experience as a short tube ride is included in the tour
What Can I Expect
Take a saunter around a magical kingdom with this Harry Potter Walking Tour! Bringing the great Harry Potter books to life, an expert guide (and massive HP fan) leads your fascinating walking tour. Setting off from a central London meeting point, you’ll stroll for around two hours taking in the sights.
Whilst you wander, lots of secrets and locations will be revealed, to give you a real behind the scenes insight into the filming of the Harry Potter movies. There are so many places in London that were used in the films, that pretty much every which way you turn, there’ll be something very familiar about it all.
We love the moment you discover the entrance to the first Leaky Cauldron. Walk through the market just like Hagrid and Harry, before arriving at that distinctive blue door of that famous (if a little dark and shabby) public house for wizards. And remember, this is the gateway between non-wizardry and Diagon Alley we’re talking about here!
The tour is packed full of moments like this. And if you can’t quite picture the location in the film, your guide brings along screen shots from the scenes in the film, so you can literally see what it looked it. A very simple, but very clever way of bringing the films to life right in front of your eyes.
As well as Leaky Cauldrons, you’ll see things like the visitors’ entrance to the Ministry of Magic and where Harry, Ron and Hermione managed to infiltrate the Ministry with a little help from polyjuice potion. Then there’s the bridge that was destroyed by the Death Eaters in Half Blood Prince…
Indeed, London is rich in Muggle history. From the moment you step out of Westminster Underground station (hopefully more easily than Arthur Weasley!), it’s magic and wizardry all the way the Bank station, where your tour concludes. A must-do activity for Harry Potter fans of any age!
• Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays at 2pm (January - December)
• Daily at 2pm (School holidays and 1st June - 30th September)
• All under 18's must be accompanied by an adult
• Adult tickets are over 16's
• Child tickets are 3-15 years
• This tour is not accessible for wheelchair users or for prams/buggies
• Spectators are not permitted
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• The tour does not visit Platform 9 3/4; however, your guide can give you details on how to get there from the finishing point of the tour
• Westminster tube station ticket hall, information point by exit 4